Waldorf Lector (The Vocoder) 1.1.0

Discussion in 'Software News' started by cEvin Key, Feb 21, 2017.

1. cEvin Key

cEvin Key Kapellmeister

Hi @ all :bow:
    i installed the Waldorf Lector and everything works fine B U T
    in which Folder must i put the Presets (.fxp)
    after installation these are in
    c: program data/Waldorf/Lector and in the Lector folders are the 3 folders Basics,Factories and Samples
    but i didnt can choose any preset in the preset window

Where is the right place for these 3 folders ? to load the presets ?
    Thank you in advance
    :bow:
    I´m on Win7 64 Bit Studio One V3

3. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

Use VST2.

4. cEvin Key

cEvin Key Kapellmeister

Hi Waver thank you for your answer
    I have the Original Installer from the Waldorf Page
    and there you cannot choose Vst2 32 Bit or Vst2 64 Bit or Vst3
    the installer installed all dll´s
    The vst2 32 Bit are in the Vst Plugins Folder
    The vst2 64 Bit are in the Waldorf Lector Folder
    and the Vst3 is in the Vst3 Folder (common Folder)
    ist so confusing and the reverse 2 Revolutionize Installer doesnt work in Studio One V3
    puhhhhhh :(

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yeah, you have to learn how to tame those incredibly stupid installers, not R2R's mistake. I recently installed AAS Chromaphone and it just installed automatically. Easy you say? Yeah... it put its files pretty much everywhere you could possibly imagine [pro tools folders, I don't use pro tools!! Nor my plugins reside in Steinberg folder]. It took me 15 minutes to find them all unnecessary files as I only need VST2 x64 ones in my one and only VSTplugins folder on C. They are the most stable and reliable, along with VST2 x86.

I was also puzzled by Waldorf installers and wondering where to put my presets. You should find out where the factory presets are and then you'll find user folders, too. That's where you should put them. I really can't remember the freaking path right now. Once you do that you forget about it.

The main problem with having even just a dozen of different plugins from different companies installed is that they install themselves all over the place. There are standards and regulations they should abide by, but rare developers do that.

Yeah, fuck it. Let's make tunes. :wink: Love the Waldorf vocoder! :headbang: Probably the best and most flexible one out there. You can do wonders with it.

6. cEvin Key

cEvin Key Kapellmeister

Hi SineWave
    the Presets/Factories and Samples are on the right place :dunno:
    c/program Data / Waldorf / Lector
    without R2R
    I´m nothing
    I´m thankful for everything :bow:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  7. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

I sometimes use innoextract which extracts most installers in the folder that you place innoextract.exe , there you can see the contents and the dlls.
    http://constexpr.org/innoextract/files/innoextract-1.6-windows.zip
    Just extract it in a folder, place there your installer. Then, on the empty space of the folder press shift then right click and click Open command window here and type for example innoextract.exe lector.exe
    I usually rename the installer to s.exe to avoid typing. Or just copy the file name.
    Keep in mind that the paths for the presets or whatever, are not listed if you do that so you must know them or use the installer to find out. I just search with filelocator pro to find where the folders and presets or dlls went.

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It's also handy to have a VirtualBox installed with fresh Windows that you can use for installing and testing plugins and programs, so if you screw up something it's not your main OS that you screwed up. :wink: Or you can use it for browsing without any fears that you'll caught some bad malware or a virus, or god forbid a rootkit - those can be really nasty. :sad:

9. bitbrain2101

bitbrain2101 Noisemaker

I am on Win7 x64 and the presets have been installed at c / AppData / Roaming / Waldorf / Lector
    When I start the plugin, it is not possible to navigate to that folder because AppData is a hidden folder.
    I have moved the Waldorf folder to c/users/public, now the plugin can "see" the presets.