W10 separate account to stream publicly "clean"?

Discussion in 'PC' started by EddieXx, Dec 11, 2021.

1. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

Hi guys,

im going to be video streaming online and dont want to worry about any *fixed vsts to become visible in video (they are few nowadays just stuff i have kept because of compatibility issues with old projects from the time when i actually used *fixed vsts). I would also like to keep my private browser shortcuts out of the picture etc.

If i make a new account on my stationary, would that allow me to install everything from start or would the same programs as in my regular account be visible? does that mean i need to re-register my programs too? would it take a lot of new space on C:?

Please let me know if you think this could work as i intend (but pleas no lazy links to any youtube video or info online. I rather hear from someone who gets what im after and knows or has some knowledge about it.

Many thanks in advance!

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The safest thing is to use another PC for cracked stuff and to use a "clean PC / Notebook for the public."

4. odiza

odiza Producer

A new account will have all the stuff installed that get's installed for "all users". On many programs, you don't have a choice to select. If you want to be sure you will get a completely different windows installation, consider freeing up some space on your harddrive (50-100 gb) and do a seperate installation of windows. Here on this machine i have 3 installations: one for working, one for gaming/streaming and one for music. All on the same ssd. Positive side effect: all installations are dedicated/trimmed to their primary usage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

hmm, interesting. its the one thing ive actually never done with any computer, create separate accounts. and yes now when you say this i remember that you get asked sometimes when installing certain programs and i usually use only the current account, when possible.

i think ill try a regular new account or just maybe only hide those few vsts from the list in my daw and if needed edit the video afterwards, i may actually be making a biggie out of nothing really...lol

i noticed btw that you could make a separate account of firefox too so that will come handy.

i have had dual boots in the past, dont remember why but i didnt like it. i think nowadays with current cpus the marginals are so big i hardly notice having a non audio exclusive setup, in the past every cycle counted

many thanks for the idea of a separate install though @odiza, ill keep that in mind.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  6. stopped

stopped Producer

it's not like they're going to have any idea the legitimateness of a plugin from it being in a list

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Since both VST2 and VST3 plugins can freely be moved inside their respective root folders I'd group them in a subfolder and just move it of the VST root folder when I stream.
    Better to assume the worst. Otherwise you can instance one of them by accident and suddenly "registered to Mr R2R VR" in the GUI :rofl:

I mean, we have seen it on YT with experienced producers. Man, never gets old...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

is that so Xupito??!! you mean simply move out and then they simply dont show up. that would be it. gotta check it out

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. odiza

odiza Producer

Yeah, it needs more maintenance, updating system 3 times takes more time and so on. But beside that it's still windows and we all know: the more you install on one instance, the more it get's f*cked up, not only speedwise, but in registry, program data, appdata, services and whatnot..

I went a bit further and moved user account data (documents, pictures etc.) out of C: to another location where all 3 have combined downloads, music, videos folders but seperate documents folders. That keeps c: clean and downloads and general stuff reachable from every installation. Perfect solution for me.

10. odiza

odiza Producer

11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Yep. No matter how many more files they use in other folders if you move the .dll/.vst3 file out of the VST2/VST3 folder the DAW doesn't see it.
    And they can be freely reorganized within the vst folder. Even if some have their path written in the registry the DAW finds them just fine.

So you create a C:\prog files\Common Files/VST3/Vaccinated_vsts folder. Move the vaccinated stuff there an leave the same your legit vsts folders.
    When you need safety you move it to, say, C:\prog files\Common Files/Vaccinated_vsts. That should be all.

12. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Just wear a disguise, silly!
    No, not while producing videos....ALL THE TIME!

My wife loves it.