W-A-V-E-S 14 mac m1 user help thread

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pedra Sofia, Jan 25, 2024.

1. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

Im posting this to narrow down the issues with installation and activation die to hysteria between versions and activation methods.

two cases keep coming up, 1 the large files on the sister site require another large download to obtain the activation method, while one can download all the waves plugins to demo and then activate them with the method less then 15mbs.,

some report that
    1-waves 14 works in pro tools but not in logic pro and during logic plugin manager scan the process would get stuck with alerts that the waves local server is not running, while user has wifi shut off, they use the terminal command to open WV-central, uninstall re install all waves, yet when logic scans the same plugins pro tools has zero issues with waves alert would pop up sying the waves local server is not running.

2-other stated that waves worked in pro tools and abelton but logic asks for serials

so may i ask which method worked for m1 mac users in Sonoma and in Ventura?

3. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

Btw, if you are experiencing the issue with Logic Pro involving audio units stuck scanning during a logic start up yet the W14 work in other apps., i found out that you need to trash the audiounit cache folder located in ~user/library\caches\audiounit, but i still to solve the issue with a network Error.., the machine I tested this song is off-line and I’m assuming if I put it online this waves local server is going to connect to the Internet and I’m gonna see message about registering when I start up the plug-ins.., maybe someone else better