W.A. Production gone completely from sister site

Discussion in 'Software' started by pratyahara, Aug 18, 2021.

1. pratyahara

pratyahara Pending Deletion

Gone, but I don't think there is something to regret. I find them of rather poor quality indeed.
    I did a short technical test of W.A. Production Puncher 2 2.1.0, and a hearing comparison - of transient module only - with Voxengo Transgainer 1.4.
    W.A. has rather big THD and IMD distortion figures (around -50 dB typically). Harmonic response shows heavy amplitude variations in ~ +/- 15 dB range (@5.5 kHz even -30 dB). IR is excellent, but the wave shape is quite a bit distorted, and attack/release behaviour shows some irregularities and instability.
    All distortion figures rise sharply when compression modules are on, and in that case there appears conspicuous EQ non-linearity.
    In transient shaping domain, Voxengo is superior by far, with much better sound definition, precision and clarity (especially in high end), with less sound coloration and much more convincing transient shaping. In short, like heaven and hell.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

The only ones I considered downloading before they disappeared were the midi tools but after watching the youtube videos, decided that they were far inferior to the midi tools I already have.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

W.A. Production sent take down requests ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

No big loss. I tried a few and wasn't impressed at all. Not worth downloading even for free. There are so many better plugins.

btw. I'm also a Voxengo fan. I could do everything with just Voxengo plugins. Except music, of course. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Ballz

Ballz Producer

WA Production plugins are trash anyway.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Ankit

Ankit Guest

One person's trash is another person's magic trick. Maybe another person is a "newbie producer" in this condition.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. raps

raps Member

I downloaded them all, just to test them out and see if they are any better, quick answer: They are not any better.

Like what previous members have said Voxengo are great plugins better than any made by WA Production, you have not missed anything

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. dondada

dondada Rock Star

wich ones do you like?

10. FrankPig

FrankPig Platinum Record

Farewell, W.A.Production's "Zqueezer", "Make Me Scream" and "Punchy Worm". We barely knew ye...

11. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

IMO, they went from making shitty presests to making shitty plugins… I'm actually glad if it's gone.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Punchy worm though feels like a bad joke, I... just.... can't.... relate...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. clone

clone Audiosexual

I was surprised to see Retsu would crack and release such 9$ (but was 3000$ normally!) junk.

I know that is a sad state of affairs when Web Release Scene Cracking Groups need to think about their "brand" more than the people coding this junk. But here we are!

It's like Darkside defacing someones Geocities webpage or Basquiat tagging a phone booth.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  14. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Years ago I was afraid to say that WA Production plugins were Geo Prizm quality... until now.

I would always blame it on the sequential fart that coincidentally happened when I loaded one up
    but was afraid to say it was not made celestial when it hit my output.

[​IMG]

15. clone

clone Audiosexual

what is next, r2r hacks "The Sauce"?

16. DontKnowJack

DontKnowJack Producer

Not sure why RET wastes their time cracking plugins nobody really wanted. All those W.A. Production posts had like no comments.
    Meanwhile, new NeuralDSP and STL Tonality plugins, that a lot of people actually want, are sitting there untouched.
    :dunno:

17. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I think this kinda cracks are important, so the "secret" about plugins uselessness are out there. To be fair they aren't totally useless, but 30 plugins that can easily combined into 4-5 EQ, compressor and multi-fx with clever GUI is not efficient and waste of time,space & resources. eventually make them useless in a way because they suppose to make your life easier.

Judging from all those WA plugins, I believe they are targeting newer people that just got into music production. Imagine realizing wasting so much money for those kind of plugins after a year or so when you understand enough about how plugins and plugins market work (and production of course).

well, maybe these plugins could be useful for hobbyist or artists out there that don't have time to plugin-doctor everything and just want to have some fun, create beats and finally add some KSHMR magic (https://www.waproduction.com/plugins/view/kshmr-essentials/) on top of that.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

there are requests for them, some are taken down already. lack of comment because too many posts and not a single problem so people just hit the thanks button, download and move to the next post, repeat. plus there are thousands of silent downloader without an account at the sister site.

19. peezy666

peezy666 Ultrasonic

Lipstick on a pig plugins

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

when i need a good audio effect, i make my own.

but i am obsessed collector of multimedia plug-ins and while i dont really like the idea of public access, i like the idea of permament online backups of "everything".

and i think it is nonsense to send DMCA requests via third party agencies. in the end it is your customer who pays for that stuff. it is not like it would be free. and in the end it will not make a difference in sales anyway.

21. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

absolutely. you can bet that many plugins of the three different "lines" are using almost the same code inside.

which is totally legit when they also look the same. but here... it goes a bit into the "facade" type of thing.

btw. i think the GUIs are partially really nice looking.