VSTs and computer backup

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sonar Sounds, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Sonar Sounds

Sonar Sounds Ultrasonic

Hi all,

I've recently bought a new iMac and I'd like to move all my files to the new one with a Time Machine backup, but I don't have much space left on my hard disk memory, so I'm starting to wipe off some junk from the old Mac :wink:
    When it comes to plugins, what can be removed to make space (since a big block of memory comes from VST storage) without altering their functionality? Can I remove the standalone apps (Waves, Korg, Arturia, etc... that installed with the VSTs)? Which elements aren't needed for them to function?

Thanks! :grooves:

3. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Almost everything you can remove standalone, but you need to be sure that the plugin is ok because some registrations can only be drone with standalone.
    If that list exist just be am man with more plus than me (1000) and it must Mari witch Aus need There VLts version. I mark mines to not repeat the mistake, but usually is about trial and error. But fot sure you can delete the ávido folder if you do not need.
    A hint: if the au version is much smaller than vst or standalone it probably need they to work.
    Also move files to others hds using simlink and only install what you really need :wink: