VST utilities (picture viewer, clock, project properties)

Discussion in 'Software' started by mild pump milk, Dec 8, 2014.

1. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Help me, guys.
    1. Any examples of VSTs with only features: load jpeg into it, see pictures??? I know, maybe it's an insane idea, but it can help me in some cases.
    2. Any examples of VSTs with showing date/time/calendar, project properties (bpm, bar(4/4, 3/4 etc.), sample rate, bit depth, channels, project time(length of track - start-end) etc.). It's an additional feature for me, but not useless.

Thanks!

3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Which DAW are you using?

You should be able to show this in your DAW by opening some toolbars.

Else:

http://www.stillwellaudio.com/plugins/bitter/ Visualizes the bits and shows the SR via mouseover

You may be able to fake a picture by converting it to video, and loading that in your DAW. Some DAW(s) may show a JPG in the video window or on the track if you load a JPG as a video (I know mine does)

By project time, do you mean time spent?

[​IMG]

HOFA has you covered

http://hofa-plugins.de/plugins/4u/

I'm sure there are VSTs which show transport state and beats, but I can't remember off the top of my head
    Perhaps irrelevant: you can store text using http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/product.php?id=MNotepad (in MFreeEffectsbundle)

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Mild pump milk,

Well... use 'Photoshop', or its more or less equivalent and FREE : 'GIMP' !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Here you won ! It's a really insane idea !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Studio 555,
    My idea is collecting all audio analyzers in one project (free, not free, simple, professional, all-in-one, but there are no Flux Analyzer, Axisplugins analyzers only). This project is only for me. I have been projecting it for 2 years. Host - REAPER. It has an own suitable title)). Pictures in VSTs are for "Frequency Ranges of instruments", "dB standards comparison" etc.
    It's useful for mastering control.

Thanks, junh1024, everything you recommended is in use)) HOFA project time doesn't do it what I want...

6. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Mild Pump Milk,

My previous Comment was for the joke, of course !!! *yes* :rofl:

For your quest, maybe a Program as can be 'Resource Hacker' for instance (other similar ones are also available), can serve you for your desires.
    This kind of program is used by the people that like to change/modify the Skin of VSTi/VST Plugins, because it gives you access to all the Images (or at least most of these) that make part of a Plugin's GUI, thus allowing you to extract, then to re-introduce the changed/modified Images... *yes*

[​IMG]