VST Synths keep resetting to Preset 1 In Ableton!!!

Discussion in 'PC' started by babybrown, Oct 19, 2011.

1. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

Weird one this... I was working on a song yesterday in Ableton 8.2.6 and I started adding synths - Korg M1 (New, Assign) Dune (New, Assign), Nexus (latest, AiR.

Each midi track I opened and drew or copied data to played back fine until I started picking different sounds from each synths preset menu.

At this point, when I stopped the song looping and clicked the cursor in at the beginning, all the sounds I had just chosen defaulted to factory preset No.1 as I hit PLAY.

Also, all the filter automation I had just drawn in was muted (the button to the right of OVR in the transport was lit RED.

I cannot get Ableton to keep my arrangement or stop f*cking up my sounds. I have never seen anything like this before.

Nexus is the only synth that retains it's chosen preset in this situation.

3. google

google Newbie

post on ableton forum :) it's good for stuff like that

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

u can turn this off by simply clicking.
    the red line will show what u have to set to none to prevent the preset switching!

[​IMG]

5. McXProds

McXProds Newbie

ArcticStorm is right, every time you import a midi clip set ALL of those to none before playing the clip, otherwise it will change your preset, afaik you have to do this each time you import a new midi clip, it can get a bit annoying actually, i wish they fixed this by adding a setting in the preferences to set all midi clips bank, sub-bank, and program information to none upon import :dunno: