VST Sequencer with pitch like in FL Studio?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roject, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

Do you know some vst or max4live step sequencer with pitch like in FL Studio? or How to add variety and change pitch in Ableton Drum Rack in a simple, pleasant way like in FL Studio step sequencer? Offset, panning etc. would be additional appreciated nice things but main thing for me is pitch.

Slices-In-Step-Sequencer-Full.jpg

Cheers! :wink:

3. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

+1 i miss fl's step sequencer

4. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

Maybe this is a flow question. Maybe separated tracks for all drum elements is the solution?
    For example:
    Drum Group
    - Track 1 Kick
    - Track 2 Snare
    - Track 3 Hi-hat
    - Track 4 Cymbal

And for each track a instance with vst sampler (for example Tal-Sampler or Kotkas Soft Paax 2 or Tobybear Helios)

But in a project it can happen to use a lot of different drum samples and this solution doesn't look cpu friendly. My cpu would die in the half on the project.
    What You think about it? Maybe you know CPU-free vst samplers?

tal-sampler_normal.png paxx2.jpg Helios_2.jpg

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Live's stock Impulse device can do that.

upload_2019-11-19_23-28-10.png

If you really want to use Drum Racks, you can automate the transposition or the detune parameters for each sample in the cells. This works even better than a step sequencer in some cases because you can adjust how gradual the change in pitch will be. Hold Alt between breakpoints for Bezier Curves.

Slightly off-topic but there's an awesome M4L device in L10's stock Max MIDI Effects called Expression Control +. You can map Velocity, Mod Wheel, Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, Key Tracking and CC to basically anything in your rack. This is more for live playing but seeing as you can automate most those things, you can use your hands to cross modulate what you can't.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  6. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

Unfortunately this is not what i meant or maybe I use it in not the right way at this moment. Impulse looks like a drum rack. Midi notes triggering each sample. I want to midi note triggering each pitch. Example C1 is lower kick, C2 is higher kick, not C1 is kick, C2 is snare. It's complicated because in FL Studio Piano Roll and Sequencer was a separated things, in Ableton Sequencer and Piano Roll is the same thing.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. CharlieCrizzle

CharlieCrizzle Kapellmeister

there are alot of m4l sequencers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I guess you could create a Drum Rack and duplicate and transpose up every octave. If you did this without loading any samples you could save it as a template. From my looking at it, that piano drop-down in your first image is basically the same as pitch automation in a Session Clip envelope. Maybe it's nothing like it at all. I'm sorry, I've only ever used Image Line's plugins. Not so much the DAW.
    Using multiple Drum Racks inside another Drum or Instrument Rack can save you CPU as each cell has its own Send/Receives. You can also select which note each one responds to.