VST Plugin for saving and editing voice

Discussion in 'Software' started by celtic3342, Sep 29, 2019.

1. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

I need to record voice for some projects and I would like to know which are the best plugins for what is said on the title.

Open this thread because I have no idea about this. My projects are basically only instruments. Not looking for something like Autotune. First record the voice as it is and after edit and change all parameters possible.

Thanks.

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, to me your question doesn't make sense.

You need a mic, an audio interface and a recording software like a DAW, which you probably have.

EQ, compressor/limiter, de-esser, delay and reverb are your standard tools for vocals and your DAW should have these already (apart from de-esser, maybe).

But what do you mean with editing? Pitch shifting -> DAW, time stretching-> DAW, pitch correction -> most DAWs, Melodyne, Auto-Tune, cut and rearrange -> DAW.

Are you talking about something like chopper, slicer, sampler?
    And what do you mean with 'plugin for saving'?

4. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

For instance, recording male voice as female. Change of frequency or any plugin where you can introduce a short phrase letter by letter and be reproduced.

Make sense now?

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Soundtoys Little Atlerboy can do a pitch and formant shifting thing if you want to change a voice from male to female or whatever, but it can't analyze and tune different notes over time like Melodyne. Waves has a version of this sort of thing. There are probably others.

What's your DAW? Cubase has a native pitch correction and formant shifting algorithm. I think Logic and Samplitude do, too.

Adding a phrase is an entirely different thing, unless you want to use a sample library or something. There are some vocal synthesizers, but from what I've seen they're pretty complicated to set up and use and not very convincing

6. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

Samplitude.

Probably will record myself trying to reduce noise to minimal and with the wav file do all these things. Melodyne is included on Samplitude but never used till now.
    Thanks.

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Pitch shift and formant filter. Melodyne has both. But the result will not be as good as you want. Granular FFT editing will destroy the fine timbre that makes up a voice.
    Maybe it will work for your project, but if you want female vocals I'd suggest hiring a female vocalist.

8. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

Better will work enough. Only enough.