VST alternatives to M4L modulators?

Discussion in 'Live' started by gimmechords, Mar 21, 2022.

1. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

I would check the user lib of Reaktor first, https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/13793/ etc.

Molekular also runs inside of this env. and has really comprehensive modulation possibilities

wouldn't be cheap (Molekular can be bought in a standalone format and needs only ReaktorPlayer) but at least can be demoed from the sister site, similarly addictive as Bitwig be warned :)

the plugin version of Reason would be the next

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  2. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

This is a great option, if you have a full Reaktor license, and intend to modulate only stuff inside Reaktor. It has no power to modulate any outside plugins.

Molekular is effects only though

Agreed

3. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

^^^ MIDI CC out has been added https://ask.audio/articles/native-instruments-reaktor-blocks-12-integrates-midi-cv-hardware to it but yepp otherwise

modular frameworks like Voltage2, VCVHost etc. also https://vcvrack.com/Host can be used but AFAIK only Reaktor related kinds of stuff can work similarly as the mentioned plugins in the opening post (...and Bitwig) https://twistedtools.com/ Reaktor ensembles also good ones in the modulation areas

worth mentioning the samplers too, for ex. Falcon also knows these things internally

not just the synths

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  4. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Virgin He/She vs Chad They/Them

Well the Modulator plugins are for Max4Live which is a Framework made for Ableton exclusively, or did I misunderstood your question? Other DAW's have similar functions though, but that's my next point:

No offense but why would he switch DAW's when the function he wants literally comes with an upgrade of his current DAW :knock:

I think that one is uncracked yet so I would advise against it, most likely OP won't be satisfied with tedious workarounds and just throwing money out of the window, and if there is any place on the internet where you can freely advise against that it's this forum :)

5. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

No idea what you're saying here, is this an incel thing? Anyway grammatically you are off, they/them would be equivalent to he/him.

Anyway the price of a live suite upgrade is hundreds of dollars more than the reaper or bitwig 8 track options that were suggested. OP was asking if there's a way to avoid upgrading by using a third party VST, and also asking about other DAWs, so it's hardly off topic to note that there are better alternatives out there.

6. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Incel thing lmao. It's more of an English language thing and you're totally wrong, but yeah we all know that your Dunning-Kruger disagrees :^)

Nice truism bro.
    If you're asking basic questions like OP does he has no business purchasing audio software whatsoever.
    All it'd do is siphoning up the wealth of noobs who are on the fence of further investing in music or not, while other insecure noobs (you) motivate them to do so nonetheless by implying that not pirating when you're starting out is a worthwhile strategy to begin with.
    Cheapau my "friend", you've played yourself. I guess if you don't know basic memes, you don't know how2give basic advice.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  7. livemouse

livemouse Producer

Reaper's modulation possibilities are inexhaustible.

8. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

Lol, massive incel vibes all over this.:wink:

9. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

*everyone who disagrees with me is a troll/incel*
    - le internet nobody

or: today I learned that DAWs are like GFs and you have none and project your inceldom onto me :rofl:

10. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

Oh wait the "tool" reaction means "Useful"??

11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I probably shouldn't say this but you can change your rating/reaction :rofl:

12. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

13. Lorrislehorse

Lorrislehorse Ultrasonic

14. AstralDis

AstralDis Kapellmeister

you can route for example stuff out of Reason into the CV utility which comes with Live. great possibilities as Reason has some stellar modulators. There was a video about this but I cannot find it now.
    What you need to do is convert Reason's CV signal to audio before sending it to Live as modulation (Thor has that option and there is an RE from Robotic Bean too for that process - alread on sis...) before using it as modulation signal in Live