VST 2 vs VST3 in real life.

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrLyannMusic, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

I don't touch vst3 if at all possible. Ive had too many issues with even newer releases in the last few months. sound quality? hard to gauge when the vst3 version won't even work.

2. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

The reason i did this post is because few days ago i made a fresh install, and i did actually implement Vst3 into my work flow, let me tell you this, going almost Vst3 instead of 2, has made it possible for me to mix with 96khz, couldn't even work with 48K in the past... way better cpu optimisation...

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

This was already commented (here or on another thread). For the user, the best VST3 new feature is the "deactivation" when there's no input signal. This is almost mandatory for VST3 but quite difficult to implement with VST2, though a few "masters" already did it.

The more tracks you have, the bigger the benefit because chances are a lot of plugins would eat 0%. Unless all tracks are "active", unlikely.
    And that's also the reason, I guess, there's way more VST3 effects than instruments. Because an instrument (VSTi) can benefit of other VST3 features (MPE) but barely nothing in terms of CPU usage.

4. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Looking forward to use VST3 on Ableton 10.1, especially Antares Auto-Tune Pro wich is VST3 only.