VSL to Kontakt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by dodgy88, Jan 13, 2012.

1. dodgy88

dodgy88 Newbie

Anyone using VSL with Kontakt?

I got the old (.gig) libraries and just wonder how to set up everything with Kontakt. I got the conversion worked out but unsure how to keep the file structure? It looks too much job to do it manually and im not sure if thats the right way to do it?

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

What libraries exactly???

You need the original patches for them if you want to run them "perfect".

4. dodgy88

dodgy88 Newbie

Im not 100% sure what libraries they are... but we can find out? all gig, i think its the Orchestral Cube and the Pro Performance sets, has chamber strings too, its 325GB in all, folders from 00a - 43... patches...? should there be folders with additional patches? i bet im missing something...

....i have 100's of .pal files under the performance tools... are those the patches?

5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

325 GBs is infact something!!!!

Cube and Pro from VSL has never been added with Kontakt patches ..... but if you have the Horizon releases, there are kontakt patches for them!
    VSL Cube and Pro are great stuff, but best if you have GigaStudio or GVI to play with them! You can convert them into Kontakt-format, but its not that impressing actually!

If you need futher help with this just let me know!

Phloopy

6. dodgy88

dodgy88 Newbie

Well i dont really know what i can do with them, i am looking to play them like it was intended, i have the performance tools, and gigastudio, gplayer and everything on the disk, i just dont understand the whole thing about where the performance tools fit in, i guess its for the performance soundsets, but the biggest part of the library is performance sets... maybe it is horizon series... i really dont know, but i found a horizon manual for the solo violins in there.

the file structure is kind of like this

VSL
    \00a String Ensemle\String_ensemble.gig
    \00b Chamber Strings\Chamberstring_ensemble.gig
    then
    \01a Violin Ensemble\ which has 42 gig files in it, top 12 is regular gig patches, then 30 PERF*.gig's
    all the way to
    \42F Glass and stones\

maybe better ask you what is the best way to set it up phloopy?
    I thought converting the library to kontakt so i could get more ram out of it in 64bit, i dont really know what i can do with this library, i want an orchestral template for cubase which can play all the variations of the library but i have problem understanding where it all should fit, i never saw it working, i just have ideas of what i want from it, compklete orchestral template in cubase is what i want with it... how are you using yours, are you using performance tools? whats your setup etc? suggestions...

7. suite

suite Newbie

I got all this stuff to... your best bet wouuld be to get MACH 5 V3 for Digital preformer and use the performance tool.
    It plays all the samples natively without conversion.

8. dodgy88

dodgy88 Newbie

I dont have a problem converting the libraries... im thiking kontakt just cause its a standard, but why Digital Performer? I could use MACH5 in Cubase or is there another issue? Why u chose MACH5 over Kontakt?