VS discovers the church of...

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Von_Steyr, Feb 1, 2018.

?

Are you a believer?

1. Yes sir.

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. I want to learn, i dont want to be a sinner any more.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only foster911 knows the truth. After all, he is the chosen one.

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

...high end cables!
    Yes Lord. I wasnt a believer. Many men came across my path saying there is no difference.
    Lord i foolishly believed those individuals, leading me onto a dark path of sin , shitty signal to noise ratio, distortion and less clarity.
    Im a believer now.
    The church of high end audio cables is open to anyone with an open mind. :beg:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  3. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Last option in poll.:rofl:
    Same shit happening in USA. I thought my country is developing country and USA is developed, but they're both same :hillbilly:. Well, religion is a huge part of politics in many countries. What more can we expect.

4. Recoil

Recoil Guest

Everyone believes in something, because there will always be questions and no answers :beg:

5. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

I guess this is as good a time as any for me to come out................yep you guessed it (or did you:winker:) I am he, your God, and I have been since Bob Ross died, apparently he was also a temp stand in......

I know its only a temporary job, but he has been on holiday for quite a while now so who knows, it could turn permanent............

I'll be taking a collection at the door

I needed a few dislikes anyway

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  6. Opening up a can of worms, are we?

It is important to me that the connectors are of high quality and that the casing can stand the rigors of the road for longevity. My studio cable usually doesn't get much wear and tear and are all very short runs except for the mic cables which need only be three meters, but I did hear a difference with my monitors when I switched from el cheapos to Vovox. In fact now all the cables home are Vovox that I bought piece by piece used for about 30% of what they cost new. Lately it has been Lava Ultramafic Flex out of electric guitars with inexpensive Contik lines between stomp boxes, then out to the amp with Lava again. I think I am gonna get some Klotz cable and Neutrik 1/4 inch connectors and make about six short ones by myself. I have never rolled my own before. I know that it will nice-ify the signal.
    Flitz (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3sRLMldi75bhF6BNN7dOZY) cleans off the corrosion and lets the signal come through cleanly. I do this twice a year. The little bits add up.

Smarter people than me with better ears that I respect as audio professionals hear cable making an audible difference in their signal chain, and as well myself to a certain extent hear the same. Who am I to argue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Good cables, I put my trust in. Ofc there is a difference (I'm lucky to be able to hear it).

There is no God, so he/she can fuck off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Absolutely agree with you.
    I think many of us who actually sculpt with our tools have a better understanding of what to look for when switching gear.
    I also went from el cheapos to klotz and i feel like i get a pure signal now. RCA cables with Klotz and high quality connectors made a noticeable difference, for the better that is. S/N ratio is vastly superior when the volume knob is on full, compared to previous cables.
    Neutral signal, not harsh any more. I also notice small mistakes and pops or clicks at the start of certain tracks that were not exposed before, which may be too clinical for some people, but i like it.
    Plan to change my microphone cables as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2018
  9. Beth

Beth Guest

10. Longer runs like over 50 feet need the good stuff or else there is loss of signal

11. [​IMG]

If it ain't balanced, it ain't high end.

12. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Remember when i wrapped you up in those cables and left you there for two days? Ahh good times.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2018
  13. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

I use NEUTRIK connectors and MOGAMI 2549 cable for everything. Sometimes I use CANARE cable which is same ballpark. But, I do use Vintage King gold which sound reallllly good too - I use their 'GOLD' DB25 TO XLR 8-channel snakes to route i/o of my patchbay, and that saved me a lot of money. Sometimes some random MONSTER instrument cables to hook up external synths to mixer and for guitar/bass.

If you don't 'roll' them yourself, these sellers will roll them for you :

REDCO cable builder website. Many types of cables and connectors, just choose from the drop-downs and build cables :

https://www.redco.com/Custom-Cable.html

Warren from ZEN AUDIO will happily roll you any type of MOGAMI cable. You can email him with questions if you like. :

http://www.zenproaudio.com/zombie-cable

VINTAGE KING brand 'GOLD' series is a great alternative to Mogami and Canare :

https://vintageking.com/vintage-king-cables

Or, buy bulk MOGAMI 2549 and NEUTRIK connectors and soldering iron tools and build em' yourself for even less money.

14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

DIY is indeed the way to go. Plus its like a zen thing, listening to some nice music and building cables, peaceful and very anti stress.

15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Trustin cheap cables is like trustin the devil, son.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
  16. Blorg

Blorg Producer

Experts agree, there's one born every minute :)
    [​IMG]

17. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

Lol i am dying here :rofl:
    " After my girlfriend moved out and took my HDMI cable with her (Leia, if you're reading this, you can keep it), I walked into Best Buy looking for a replacement. My eyes met this cable, and I tapped out my entire life savings to buy it. And let me tell you, broski, it was well worth it! Not only does this cable give me an absolutely amazing picture, but ever since I bought it, things have been totally going my way! My boss finally started acknowledging all my hard work, I've gotten legions of fans all over the world, and I won the United States Championship! Ever since I bought this cable, I've been fist-pumping all day and all night! I am serious, bro! Buy this cable now and your life will be SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK like mine! ":wink:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List