VR stuff interacting with e-licenser, actually

Discussion in 'Software' started by Misterguywick, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

RND trial ending in 2052.. come on
    hope i don't get my license revoked

dont mix legit cubase guys

Attached Files:

• why.png
      why.png
      File size:
      2.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Not 20:52 PM, August 28th?! jk.

4. DarkestNight79

DarkestNight79 Ultrasonic

I have the same problem, having Nuendo 10 and SpectraLayers Pro 7... (maybe yk what I'm talking about)

5. tnc

tnc Producer

Yup, I read about some guy who lost his right to get support because of VR's so called "cracks".. Steinberg can see what you have registered and they denied him any help to get hia legit licenses working and sorted out, since he had installed a lof other VR's stuff that f**cked up his account.
    Dunno how it ended..

• Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Steinbergerg can see the VR stuff you use right here. :dunno:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Amorphis

Amorphis Member

tnc was talking about the license control center connected to your online account in Steinberg´s system I guess. I was also wondering about that. I think they can see all your licenses installed there and if they find your elicenser being full with every product possible but nothing on your bills there... you are screwed.
    That means hands off from VR Steinberg stuff if you have a legit account and own legit stuff. Can anyone confirm this?

I´d like to have Spectralayers of course, and I really think it should actually be implemented in the next Cubase as another editing tool along with Variaudio, Timewarp etc, since it´s probably THE next editing tool thing of the future. That would be approprate, even in their own interest, to raise the value of their DAW, considering all the competition in the market which here and there has gone a step ahead of them.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  8. anon69

anon69 Producer

mine aint like that......yet

9. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Of course.
    And if one works with only legit Steinberg software (linke me) one would be fine with it.
    Nevertheless I would never let Steinberg look into my computer (through their license control center). In case something doesn't work I would always prepare an older PC to get support for a failing license and use the LCC on the prepared old PC.
    The same goes e.g. for Ableton Live. One should never send them a log file. I had a broken (hardware) Push 2, but the first thing they wanted me to do was sending them a status.zip file generated by Live although it was perfectly clear that it was a hardware error. I prepared an old PC and sent it from there. We just dont know what they can see from the data they get with that file.

10. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I think if you set ur clock forward in time (before running antitrial) you can get a few hundred more years @Misterguywick. In preparation, it's a good idea to perform a rite and be bitten by Steve Munchkin under a full moon, beforehand? (Be wary of Jared, he's just an android waxwork.)

Steinbug can "check" (ie have someone from support look at) licenses; when you have a problem and request help generally. They don't (haven't anyway) otherwise AFAIK. You just need to turn off / uninstall the antitrial if you run into one of their bigger bugs.

I don't think you'll ever lose the right (or can) to have support for your legit (dongled) stuff, whatever happens. I know I didn't, in a similar situation to the above. Steinbug (as the name suggests) are legitimately terrible for their goofs, tho. I got accused of piracy because I dl Cubase 10 "too early" from their own Steinbug downloader! Weirdly, it let me run it as legit for some weeks! :D I didn't get an apology!

For your license (ie dongled software) to work you already have!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

No, I registered the licenses to the dongle on a PC connected to to the internet with almost only the LCC on it.
    My productive machine has no direct connection to the internet.
    It's more because I don't trust the security measures taken by the manufacturers than because I fear to be spionaged.
    I don't believe in virus protection thus I need to be a bit more careful what apps I allow to connect to the internet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. evolasme

evolasme Producer

well ive seen. no proof of this unless you can provide a link its prolly just message board scuttle butt
    1. my DAW has no connection to the interwebs
    2 all the VR licences are stored on your machine NOT in the dongle. eLicencer just shows what soft eLicences are stored on the machine if you plug said dongle into another machine boom VR stuff is gone
    3.worst case just delete all vr licence stuff before updating. or going on line for service ;)

13. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

That's so crazy! That's a cool story.

14. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Unbelievable! :facepalm:
    But some companies get funny ideas:
    I was written to by Deutsche Telekom a longer time ago. It was kind of warning with the reason that "I had a flat rate, but the amount of data I downloaded regularily would only possible with pirated copies".
    :bash:

15. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

?????

16. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

wasnt that you who reported here that steinberg employee meant you have cracked license's on your elicenser
    ---

ppl dont ever use VR stuff along legit stuff , its not r2d2
    means not its not possible just a guideline for ppl who like to make music instead of beeing a warez doctor

BTW just look into vr decoda rls which reports ppl using cracked software (WTF-and its still up)

17. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

No need to panic. They can report IPs to the sandman if they will, or does anyone think e.g. german/polish/american/italian/russian police is interested in a manhunt of people copying a $50 software come on ...:mates:

But you're right: VR releases are not the same quality than R2Rs. Too much Rev. 2, Rev. 3...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  18. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

right...but times can change my friend..