VPS AVENGER & Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 - Multi-Outputs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shanti, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Shanti

Shanti Producer

- i am running Win 10 as Master & Win 7 as Slave, that's the reason why i am using Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.
    - DAW is Presonus Studio One Pro 2.6.5 - 32 Bit

- using 64 Bit Server of VEP 5 connected as localhost on the Master PC itself, makes it even possible to use 64 Bit-only Plug-ins (like Avenger or MODO-Bass for example), which imo is a nice solution compared to j-Bridge)

- i tested with Xils Stix 64 Bit, that everthing is working fine as excepted, which means that i am able to route all 11 individual Outputs (10 Drums & 1 global FX-Channel) of the Plug-in (opened in the 64 Bit Server of VEP 5), into the DAW.

- In the case of Avenger, i didn't found a hint in the manual, about setting the 16 Sub-outputs for the 4 FX-Channels and the 12 individual Drum-channels, but there is a Video on Youtube, which shows that it's done very easy, by activating all 16 Outputs of the Plug-in which do instantly show up in the Mixer of Cubase *, and by setting the individual outputs in the Drums-Tab of the Mixer Section in Avenger, from pre-selected Master to appropriate Drum-Channel. * Same thing i do in VEP 5, the Inputs are even set automatically, in the Mixer of VEP 5.

The Problem is : on the contrary to Xils Stix, i can't get any Sound from the individual Channels in Avenger into the corresponding individual Channels in VEP 5. There is no Signal coming in. So there is nothing to route into the DAW than the Master Bus-Signal in VEP 5.

Only if the Outputs from the 12 Drum-Channels in Avenger are set to Master, there is Sound coming into the Mixer of VEP 5, but of course only on the Master-Bus.

I did watch the Video again and again, and i am not aware of doing something wrong, but maybe i do, or maybe that someone with good experience about Avenger and VEP 5 can confirm, that Avenger and VEP 5 don't work together properly in this case for some unknown reason?

Any Help and Insight into this Problem is very welcome.