VPS Avenger Acoustic Guitar Expansion - Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by EastBoundSounds, Jan 23, 2018.

1. EastBoundSounds

EastBoundSounds Ultrasonic

3. tooloud

tooloud Guest

4. EastBoundSounds

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

pretty cool, but for avenger - its a no go for me.

6. EastBoundSounds

Artic storm check out our site we make expansions for UVI Falcon as well and are going to start making them for Serum soon.. Why is Avenger a no go and what synths do you like?

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

@0:43 - "oh, should have tuned it". :)

8. EastBoundSounds

Oh its tuned.. Not sure where your from but its A4 =440hz here and @0.43 my friend is most certainly tuned.

9. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Normally I do not get involved in these B.S. threads but I have to call bullshit on this. A4 =440hz is the standard for the note and it's frequency, So please tell us how it was tuned?? ....And FFS learn English . "your" should be "you're". Do you honestly expect us to take your(proper) word ,when you can't even spell and just toss out notes and frequencies. The product should speak for itself

EDIT: Took a few listens to the time line you pointed out. Just wondering... which of you dumbasses accidentally hit the E.Q. if this is what you call "tuned" well good luck!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  10. EastBoundSounds

Im not going to argue I have better things to do. Drop a tuner on the track if you dont believe me. I made it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I knew something between your nick and the company was going on... Hell yeah, I'm the man :disco:

12. EastBoundSounds

Well, actually I played that part on a real acoustic and we recreated it with the step sequencer inside avenger. Since I didn't record every combination of a slide, hammer on and pull off so the other owner and I automated the pitch correction to achieve that. The settings can be further tweaked / implemented but I think they are really close as far as half and whole steps. One day in the future we do plan on recording all those (hammer on, pull offs, slides,etc) but it would be hard to use in Avenger because VPS doesn't allow scripting like Kontakt does. Which allows you to lets say hold a note and hit another note while still holding the first to trigger a slide or hammer-on sample. Hopefully one day in the future VPS will allow that. I think Avenger is a great synth and the guys over at vengeance-sound are doing a really good job with the updates and are always adding all types of new features.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  13. Impressive

Impressive Guest

This is actually not that bad! Pretty interesting.
    I do hope you give us a better preview for it when it comes out. This leaves too much to the imagination, personally. I have to really listen to this because a guitar expansion for Avenger? That's hard to do without sounding like total shit. This doesn't sound like absolute shit, but it's quite impressive for an Avenger expansion.
    Keep up the good work, bro. :cheers:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. EastBoundSounds

Thank you Sir. I'm going to make another more detailed video soon showing the automation of the patches and everything offered in the pack. From the wavetables, shapes, Raw Acoustics, processed acoustics to the chords (Minor, Major, m7, M7, power chords, inverted, open and triads) that you can trigger off one key and I sampled upsrokes and downstrokes as well so, you can move the pitchbend on the fly to change the strumming direction. I also mapped the 12 string like that which is what I was demonstrating at one point in the video.. Playing the low octave of it, the high octave or both at the same time. I sampled everything @ 88.2K with 32bit floating points. At the time when I was importing, Avenger only allowed you to import @ 44.1k so they were actually down sampled once. They can get even better now but, keep in mind the video has been rendered and compressed multiple times. Sitting in front of monitors I was actually really impressed by the quality of the samples even at that rate.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  15. EastBoundSounds

100% VPS in Rock Style Context

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  16. EastBoundSounds

Cinematic Style ... In context with other Programs

17. AmpMan

AmpMan Newbie

I'm really digging this.. Good Job !!