VPROM bank reset on project load

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by naitguy, Sep 22, 2022.

1. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Software I'm using: Windows 10, Reaper 6.67 (current latest), Aly James Lab VPROM 2.0.3 from sister site, Legendary Banks for Aly James VPROM.

So in my project, I have an instance of VPROM. I load up the VLinn_LEGENDARY_BANK01.fbx bank (using the Load button in the top right of VPROM) and have selected Oberheim DMX under program (top left of VPROM UI). I saved the project in Reaper with this program selected.

The problem: every time I reload the project, the bank defaults back to the default bank, and the program defaults back to LM-1 Init, so I'm back to the same old original kit and have to change things back every time I load the project.. which is time consuming and annoying.

I've even saved it as a preset using Reaper's FX window button for saving preset, but it looks like it doesn't save the program/bank. Frustrating.

I could of course bounce the drums, but I'm not at that stage yet... still tweaking drums.

Any ideas on how to get it to load the proper bank/program on reload of the project?

3. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

Can you do similar tests from different DAW (e.g. Ableton Live Lite, or any free DAW) ?
    Is the problem comes from VPROM, or DAW, that is the question.

4. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Yah, I'd be really surprised if it was Reaper that was the problem here, but it is worth checking and I should eliminate that as being the issue. Plus, I've been wanting to install/try out Ableton anyways.. so will give that a go and report back!

Also, if anyone else has both Reaper and VPROM, I would appreciate if you could test on your end too.

Open Reaper, add in VPROM to a project.. load a completely different bank (like the Legendary Bank), pick a program.. save project. Close/reopen project and see if the bank+program still are the ones you selected.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  5. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

OK, so that was unexpected for me... haha . It WORKED as I would expect it to..... so it does appear to be Reaper related (edit: nope!).

I've tried running as Administrator, saving, and reloading as Administrator, and still the same issue. I use the portable installation.. never ran into this issue with anything else in the 5 ish years I've been using Reaper.. so this is odd. Will try a full-install and see what happens.

I'm definitely open to other ideas.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  6. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

OK, an update....

I discovered a couple things:
    - VST3 version of VPROM is what has the problem. VST2 version works as expected. I'll just use that.
    - Ableton was only loading the VST2 version.. that's why it worked there.

So, it actually does appear not to be a Reaper issue, in this case.. but just a bug with the VST3 version. Can easily get around that problem.

7. Patrik Adolfsson

Patrik Adolfsson Newbie

I have the same issue, Logic Pro, VPROM 2.0.4, Mac M1, Sonoma

Any suggestions?