Voxengo contact

Discussion in 'Software' started by VintageDOC, Feb 21, 2022.

1. VintageDOC

VintageDOC Kapellmeister

Has anybody tried to reach Voxengo? My attempts have timed out. Very worrisome given the situation.

3. isosoces

isosoces Noisemaker

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Blu

Blu Producer

WTF is going on with the guy? I read his posts on the KVR thread you linked and in this one: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=577352&start=105 Did someone hack his account or did he go nuts?

5. isosoces

isosoces Noisemaker

He's a weird, super-religious guy. That's just how he is.

6. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

..to say the least. Damn, nobody informed me those guys on KVR use some heavy psychedelics & stuff! :woot:

And I thought we were the cool/tough/bad ones.. :snuffy:

8. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

"Anything could have been leaked, even Voxengo source codes. Bad decisions, you know. Or maybe not so much, who knows. I still own the Voxengo brand, of course."

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  9. uladzislau

uladzislau Producer

Guys, you haven't seen what he writes on his VK page yet (vk com aleksey_vaneev). Alexey really has a lot of mental problems

• List
  10. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Another Gem:

"do i even have a plate reverb plugin ? not even shure. Too many reverb plugins installed"

7180 posts since Nov 2015… estimates to:

1025 posts per year

3 Posts per day (every day from 2015 'till today)

No wonder this guy doesn't know his shit.

11. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

I can't read Cyrillic and understand Russian, but I've seen some of the recent posts at KVR. He might have a psychotic episode right now, so it's best to let him relax and not stress the man with requests. Anyone who ever dealt with people suffering from psychosis will understand that there is nothing you can do about it from remote, especially not as a stranger. So let's hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. demberto

demberto Rock Star

"Gogle is GO to gle... Glegoo ?"

Wut???

13. Unirorm

Unirorm Producer

Aleksey is a freaking genius, whatever he has i hope to get his shit together soon, first for his own sake and second because we need his plugins to send people into the Matrix.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Hope he finds his way back. His posts (used google translator) sounded very strange, weird and somewhat random.

It looks like he hasnt posted anything on his vk after the 16.2.

16. VintageDOC

VintageDOC Kapellmeister

Thanks for the KVR thread. His long silence is a bit worrisome. Can anybody contact another website, preferably audio, in Russia to see if it's just Aleksey or if it has become a far more serious general shut-down there. Think Peace, please.

17. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I should be his ghost writer.

My server has been hacked and data might have been compromised, but the source code is backed up so no worries It might take some time to get it all sorted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Мой сервер был взломан, и данные могли быть скомпрометированы, но исходный код защищен. Может потребоваться некоторое время, чтобы все уладить. Простите за неудобства.

18. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

What he posted at KVR, except for the first message, looks really weird. Kinda like when I had too much red wine and then read my posts tomorrow morning. Like: "fuck, have I really posted this?! What came over me?? I shouldn't post when I'm drinking". I said that so many times. :)

I think he might have had too much to drink after the hacking happened. One can't imagine what kind of work restoring a website could be *if you don't have any backups*, which I think he has. From what I gathered throughout many years is that he is a real genius and a real music lover. I can only think superhighly of him. :bow: I mean he's a father of SPAM! And he made it free! Who doesn't use SPAM?? Sorry, I meant SPAN. :)

Something that I don't understand though is him considering using Windows server instead of Linux. FFS, geniuses don't think like that. :( Nothing is better and more safe, and 99,5% of uptime annually [no joke, I know several Linux admins] than a good CentOS or Red Hat Linux server. He just shouldn't even consider a Windows bugfest and easy to break in server instead. That's like eating a pile of dogshit instead of a nice pizza. :)

I'm sure he'll come to his senses and everything will be alright. It was just a huge shock for him. Also quite unexpected, because who would break into some VST developer's server!? WTF? There's a truckload of nice little banks, insurance companies [lol], money management companies, government servers etc. to break in for fun. :wink:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  19. clone

clone Audiosexual

if someone popped his server, it would be either someone trying to steal source code, customer information, or free products, etc. Basically, another programmer would probably be the only type of person who would deliberately hack his specific business server for possible gains. (I am not suggesting this)

The more likely, especially if it was some Windows box; is it got popped randomly. Someone with an exploit they want to run will very often automate and speed things along by enlisting Google's help. In which case, it is just a drive-by; and almost always an SQL injection attack vector. some sqlmap -g <search string> ....and they will send the traffic through TOR in many cases.

Both suck to have happen, but the second option is much better than being specifically targeted.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  20. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

21. waverider

waverider Rock Star

genius and insanity are often dangerously closely together.
    hope he can get better soon.
    it also makes you think about using plugins that are entirely dependant on one single person.