Vote For your favorite DAW (Vote for the daw that you use)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr_Amine, Sep 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Nice.. If you can post again the results here, would be very awesome!!

4. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

logic 4 life :)

5. Xiny6581

Xiny6581 Noisemaker

Longtime FL Studio user since the past 10++ years :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

Fl studio all the way , in the past years i worked with acid pro 7, soundforge, cubase 4 etc... This daws are like women more the merrier :mates::winker:

7. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

Logic, same as i vote every year.

3 daws i use these days, logic pro, ableton live & pro tools.

Logic has everything for me, but i mainly use it for mixing.
    Only ever use live for producing, i don't like the faders on it and much prefer just to bounce everything into logic for further processing but for quick ideas, sketches and easy sampling live is the one.
    and pro-tools is very good for audio editing.

but overall logic wins it for me everytime.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

The question on that poll is "What's the best DAW in the world today?". That I don't know. I just know which DAW I picked, learned, used, abused, and stuck with.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Cubase 8 but I hate the new feature that Areo has to be on for it to work. But Second is Reaper.

10. U-Kadian

U-Kadian Kapellmeister

make music in FL Studio - mix in Studio One 3 or Harrison Mixbus... i use to be a Cubase user back when it sucked, ain't tried it for like 5 yrs... and I know a friend that says Logic is dope... anyone else use more than one DAW? :disco:

11. FL Studio because it wás was I learned on and I am not intelligent enough to understand any others. I have tried. I would love to migrate to Studio One but never get over beginner's hump. One day.

12. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Using DAW it's doesn't make you A professional or Non-Professional in The audio field But knowing what you're doing with your DAW & knowing The Theory Of Audio Engineering That's what will make you A Professional, that's coming from experience trust me

Imagine if Image-Line FL Studio Collaborate With Harrison Mixbus = :thumbsup::disco::thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

You're plenty smart enough to learn Studio One. If you're having trouble with it I'd guess that's a result of:

a) negative self-talk getting in your way ("I'm too slow for this"), or
    b) FL Studio being very unique in terms of workflow

I'm skilled with Ableton Live and competent in Studio One, Samplitude and Adobe Audition, yet I had trouble learning FL. It's just a different way of thinking. But I'm told it's lightning fast and very flexible when you get used to it, which is why I really want to learn it someday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I kind of disagree. Using a DAW is like playing an instrument. Take guitars, for example. Not knowing music theory puts you at a disadvantage as a guitarist (you are no guitarrist at all), but just knowing theory does not qualify you as a guitarrist. You have to intimately know your instrument to express yourself through it. That's when brains and skill meet. Then your choice of guitars affects your playability. Some people might favor Gibsons over Fenders. DAWs are pretty much the same principle. You play your DAW. If you use it a lot and know it well, you find your sweet spot and your workflow becomes fast and articulate. You get to results in no time. Of course, if you know your mixing engineering craft, you might adapt to the circumstance and change DAWs, but you won't be as comfy and productive until you adjust. I understand adaptation is at the heart of an engineer's job, but people defend their DAWs wholeheartedly because of familiarity mostly.

I am a Pro Tools user and have been since '07. I've become acquainted with Logic, too, but it isn't real love; it's convenience.

EDIT: I don't consider myself an engineer. How dare! I am a DAW player who tries hard. :)

15. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

no I Was Talking about The Theory Of Audio Engineering not Music Theory
    i understand your point & by the way i was using ProTools Since the Digidesign ERA
    i said what i said because a lot of people think that FL Studio is just for beginners but that is 100% wrong Because FLS Has its power and weakness like every other Daw and with updates & Fixed Bugs any DAW Will Add more stuff and power To be The Greatest DAW Ever
    learning how to work with Your DAW Will be easy if you know the meaning & role of what is compression & bus & Aux & ETC .... That's all i was saying + learning the interface because this way i got the power to work on any DAW in matter of Short Time, if the DAW Is new to ME

Note : i use More than one DAW Based At the task that i have in hand

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I see your point. I meant to discuss audio engineering theory from the get-go. I used music theory to make a parallel between guitar playing and DAW playing, if that can be a word.

As for "beginner's DAW", I doubt anyone can sustainably argue that. The DAW-Choice Wars has always been plagued with misinformation. Last year, I collaborated with a local artist in my country. He has 6 albums in the market and enjoys certain popularity in the indie local scene. He also teaches music production at a local university. His DAW of choice? Sony Vegas.

FL is not only a mature production suite, it is also evolving at a steady rate. Unfortunately, it's not for everyone. I never got the hang of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Yes i get it & believe me the one thing that Lead me to FL Studio is what i heard from the masses
    when i used it i was really impress with piano roll editing tools and the sequencer + Automation is awesome
    NOTE : the reason for this post is to give a chance for other DAWs to get votes from Audiosex.pro Members to vote for their Favorite DAW
    by the way i still can make a whole music in My Akai MPC (with No DAW At All)
    it will be great if you did tried to test other DAWS because each one of US (use Things Differently)

18. freakymofo

freakymofo Ultrasonic

Logic Pro (9)!

19. flstudioer

flstudioer Kapellmeister

Fl Studio, the interface are just GREAT, Logic Pro X & protools are good too

20. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Logic since the 80s :)
    (Formerly Creator/Notator on Atari ST by C-Lab then Emagic and now Apple)

Working since 1987 with my favorite DAW.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  21. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

different strokes for different folks! (as clumsy/outdated as that phrase is...)... I like to write/produce with Ableton. I would prefer to track live drums or band with PT, I like to do vocals with Logic... anything that gets you to your end goal, using your ears and intent is great. whether it be FL, garageband or audacity..... All have their issues, all have their strengths, Not one to rule them all... and I haven't used Cubase, sure I would love it, and hear great things about that and Reaper etc... so no hate from me, just not enough time in life to keep learning new DAWs, I have already been forced to learn new ones MANY MANY times over my span due to obsolescence etc...

I think a better conversation would be how one uses particular daws in different situations to accommodate or encourage their creativity and workflow... to each their own, and I will never insult a person for their choice of daw or os, as it is both personal, and life dictates different constraints and opportunities!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List