Volume within apps affecting ringer volume - problem.

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by NicoleJS, Mar 20, 2019.

1. NicoleJS

NicoleJS Newbie

iPhone 6S
    iOS 12.1.4 (recently switched to this).

I can't say for 100% although i'm fairly sure this has only happened since the move to 12.1.4 from 12.1.3 so the first question i guess is can i somehow 'downgrade' to 12.1.3?

Basically the problem is that even recently i was able to open an app (Snapchat for example or various games) and have a volume for those apps. Something reasonably loud. I would also have my ringer volume which would be significantly different - only 3 notches. <----- this is actually not the problem. funny ringtones download
    The problem is that now if i increase the volume within snapchat or a game then it also changes my ringer volume. If i change the ringer volume then it makes it quiet within other apps. I didn't notice this until i'd been playing a game and had the volume up pretty much full and then later that day i go to bed only to be woken by an alarm instead of being on 3 notches and is just quiet enough to wake me up was on full notches waking up not only me but also my partner and clearly the neighbours in the connecting room too.

I want to change it back to how it was but since i don't even know how it ended up being as it (currently) is, i don't know how to do that.
    https://ringtonesfree.info/messages-sms

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019