Vocaloid VSTi Not Showing Up Properly

Discussion in 'Software' started by LeGentlemanSwagger, Feb 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. LeGentlemanSwagger

LeGentlemanSwagger Newbie

I installed Vocaloid 5.20, but the VST wasn't showing up in Ableton. I noticed that the VST had installed to a different directory, so I moved it to where the rest of my plugins are. However, after I did this Vocaloid became the only vst2 plugin that shows up in Ableton. When I moved the vocaloid plugin back to the original directory, none of my vst2s would show up anymore, and I had to remove my preferences folder in order for it to work normally. I made a shortcut to the other vst2 folder in the main folder, but that still doesn't work. What can I do?

3. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

I don't know Ableton, but usually you can move a vst into the proper folder. Sometimes you need to make your DAW rescan all the folders you have designated. However, sometimes... a vst does not like to be moved. If that's the case, try reinstalling and select the appropriate destination folder during install. If they don't give you an option, you can always add an extra scan folder to Ableton.

4. LeGentlemanSwagger

LeGentlemanSwagger Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion, but you can't add extra scan folders for VSTs in Ableton. The only option is to add a shortcut to a different folder, but I tried that and it doesn't work.

5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Jesus Christ...(or whatever deity's name one wishes to take in vain) I am shocked that Ableton has no option for extra VST folders.
    That seems pathetic to say the least. Well maybe not the least, but not the most, either.
    If creating a shortcut does not work, creating a symlink may.
    I use Link Shell Extension for creating links this way.
    https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html
    There is an option to turn on or off the shortcut in the context menu for Windows.

6. symen

symen Newbie

hmmm... do you start ableton as Administrator and does your VST Folder has the right permissions for access?

thats realy weird, never seen such a behavior like "i put one vst in the folder and the others dissapear" :woot: