Vocal Vintage Kontakt

Discussion in 'Genre Specific Production' started by freebeatprod, Jul 19, 2014.

1. freebeatprod

freebeatprod Newbie

hello, I'm luca
    I would know if exist libraries for kontakt with samples of trios and choirs of voices soul ... Usually these choirs were used as backing vocals in songs soul and also pop .. I need that kind of choirs (usually made ​​up of 3/5 components) to be inserted into a hip hop beats like a sample from vinyl.
    Let me know something, thanks a lot!
    ps. I'd like to know if there are also libraries with kontakt sample of children's choirs

luca

3. SonicPerfection

SonicPerfection Newbie

Mellotron choir-vocals comes to my mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gLZaFPNocc
    Mellotron samples are available for Kontakt.

4. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Soundiron Mercury is a boys' childrens choir http://soundiron.com/products/mercury-symphonic-boychoir

Their other products are more orchestral ones.

5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Try Spectrasonics

Vocal Planet
    HERE!

Symphony of Voices
    HERE!

The Akai versions are pretty easy to convert into Kontakt format!

6. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Synpphonic choirs of EWQL is old but you can write phrases like no one do.
    Wordbuilder do not work in newers os X but pobrably works in win :wink:

7. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Try "Voices Of The Apocalypse", which I think was the forerunner of EWQL Symphonic Choir (it even had a word-builder application) and probably used the same basic sounds, because EWQL seems to like recycling their old stuff and pawning it off as something new. I found a conversion from Giga format to Kontakt (or it may just be the Giga-formatted version, since Kontakt can load Giga samples) and I use it for everything. It's a LOT smaller in library size than EWQL Symphonic Choir and sounds just as good.

They also currently have EWQL Symphonic Choir as a PLAY instrument, in case you wanted to use the Word Builder app in OS X or 64-bit Windoze.

8. freebeatprod

freebeatprod Newbie

Thank you all for your interest and suggestions, but what you have suggested are choirs symphony orchestra.
    I am interested in choir sounds typical of the years 70s soul music (usually consisted of 3/5 female singers who were backing voice from the main voice)
    when I do not come to mind with this type of choir songs
    choruses similar to those that try you can listen to song "Queen - Flash Gordon" (Flash AAAAHHHH) and "Melba Moore - Let the sunshine" (the choir is on the chorus when she say "LEEEET the sunshine"
    (I'll try chorus even more similar to the ones that I need)

Thanks again

9. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

Did you check out the choir patches in omnisphere ? there are a few that are not orchestral at all and made for soul and pop (small choir, clear syllables)
    This video showcases some of them (but not all)

10. SonicPerfection

SonicPerfection Newbie

Realivox The Ladies? :)

http://soundcloud.com/realitone/craigacapella?in=realitone/sets/realivox-demos#t=0:08

11. freebeatprod

freebeatprod Newbie

Cool, Realivox The Ladies might be fine for what I do. I'll try the library kontakt you suggested, thank you very much!