Vital Pro v1.5.5-ohsie performance

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Mynock, Jun 9, 2024.

1. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Hello guys, a question for the community/users:

How has Vital Audio Vital Pro v1.5.5-ohsie performance experience been for you?

I have an eight clock with 3.5 GHz processor and 32 GB of RAM, but if I use more than 3 Vital insertions I start to experience CPU hogs...

For example, in a project, I have 3 Divas (craft), 4 Spire, 3 Kontakts and 2 Vital loaded. If I put in a third Vital I start to feel the processor huffing, but with 4 Vital instances it will definitely cause CPU hogs! Therefore, my strategy has been to use Synplant 2 to patch cloning some presets made in Vital (which it can emulate with relative quality - sometimes it does, others doesn't) but everything seems to work much better (I'm really amazed at how lightweight Synplant 2 is and how well it works!).

In general, how does it work for you?

3. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

I don't have the Pro version, but Vital is comparatively light on the CPU in my experience.

There's an oversampling setting under "Advanced", I'd try that at 1x and make it my default. That should be ~30-40% less CPU usage right there.

If you have a high voice count, try right-clicking the oscillator and make use of 'resynthesize' where appropriate. Say your patch has 9 voices right now. I'd drop the voice count down to 3 and resynth those 3. Now I'll still have 3 voices, but they're 3 * 3 = 9. If that makes sense. You can do this however you want. I like the many modulation effects pertaining to voices, so I rarely resynth down to a single voice.

EDIT: I do sometimes re-make patches in Synth1. I feel that if you're going for efficiency, you gotta go all the way without compromises or you'll end up 're-patching' down another tier, and then another tier, ...:rofl:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
  4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

the pro version just has more presets, skins and WTs.

the binaries are the same.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Wow dude, my oversampling rate was at 4x! Really, I hadn't noticed it. Great tip! The funny thing is that I'm careful about the number of voices and how this influences the lightness/weight of a preset, but hadn't tried this configuration!
    For now, it seems to me that it was the issue of oversampling. I already feel that there has been a slight improvement in performance.

Thanks pal! :mates:

2.jpg