Vital... Best FREE synth ever made?

Discussion in 'Software News' started by aymat, Nov 13, 2020.

1. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Best price ever, maybe the best synth for the price. (to my knowledge, subjectively) Have zero interest in actually using it.Too digitally clean for my taste and it will just end up sitting on my hard drive unused like almost very soft synth I've ever installed, paid of free. I'm glad it's out there though. Have fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. odod

odod Rock Star

so lucky that this one is real compared to the ummet ozcan fake genesis pro thingy

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. TryHard

TryHard Kapellmeister

So then, 'Vital', a synth which you believe is "maybe a bit better than Serum" is still not worth paying the developer just $20, to help towards supporting its future development? (I mean, considering Serum currently costs $189.00?) :dunno:

The developer has expressed his plans to continue improving the features and functionality of Vital in the future, which he is graciously allowing everyone to have for nothing (with the release of the free version on the 24th Nov.)

I appreciate that you have contributed, and wish for additional features. Surely, you would want to encourage others to also support somebody like this? Perhaps more community support would help him to address some of the features you regard as lacking to be added to Vital to improve this synth?

I will say that, if/when Kilohearts ever decide to release a 'free' version of Phase Plant (currently costing $200 for the basic synth/effects), I will agree that it is then absolutely fair to compare them both like-for-like regarding their feature sets and cost to value.

As far as I'm aware, Vital's developer is a one-man army, with the same guy who is developing the software also currently doubling up as his own customer support service, answering customers emails personally. I just think it might be beneficial to the further development of the synth, if we could perhaps help enable him to employ some additional help to shoulder any extra burden. But that's just my personal opinion.

Either way, once the free version of the synth is officially available (on the 24th Nov), everyone can get their own hands on experience without any prior commitment. Hopefully, they will then decide that it's actually worth paying for, especially since the asking price for the 'paid versions' is relatively low (compared to some other VST instruments.) :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. GT33

GT33 Kapellmeister

better than nexus, 7 days:shalom:

5. M.C

M.C Member

it sounds like you don't know how to synthesize sounds if you think this doesnt worth even 20 dollars lol this one just fucked serum and its on 1.0, yeah serum has still some weird filters as the reverb and shit but the others are in Vital plus way more. Resampling wavetables sound better in Vital, modulation is better, not all, but some effects are better, and about phase plant, you can't compare vital with it since they are not the same at all, honestly with phase plant you can do way more because it has more oscillators phase plant need warp modes like serum or vital with the new ones and good filters, and yeah you can do the warping with phase modulation but i dont want to :D i just want to select bend - and do it and not having to add another oscillator to modulate the phase of my main oscillator to get the bend fukicking warp mode

6. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Wrong! The free version WILL provide text-to-wavetable. But the daily requests to the server will be limited in the free version. Which is definitely fair. Even without this feature, Vital is a serum killer. The OSCs are less limited than in serum and the fact that you can completely reshape each modulation independently without being limited to 4 LFOs is incredibly powerful.

I mean, even the PRO version of VITAL doesn't cost half of what you would have to pay for Serum.
    Vital has a really good feature set @ a very fair price point. You can not beat FREE!

7. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

You're right about 2 things. I do live in California, and I do like tofu :dunno:. You speak a big game, let's hope your music does as well instead of criticizing something you havent even tried yet:deep_facepalm:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. M.C

M.C Member

most of time all these music people is garbage

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

Very interesting stuff. Surely i will be buying this as soon it is released.

11. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Buy it now for $20 :dunno:. You can upgrade to pro for the difference. It's actually $5 cheaper if you buy now but if you want to evaluate before buying, it's free on the 24th. Win, win in my book

12. TryHard

TryHard Kapellmeister

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It's more fun to use it without timestretching. Try to fart into a mic, then put a shimmer reverb on it, and play an octave lower. Instant earthquake, eh? :wink:

Joking aside, it is a pretty good point. Sometimes you really want to use time stretching for samples. TAL-Sampler could use that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  14. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

I'm pretty sure this feature will be delivered with an update at some point after the public release. No initial release is perfect.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. ShibuyaCyana

ShibuyaCyana Member

You're kinda spoiled by Phase Plant...I mean why not open up a new instance or create a new track and layer them?

I admit that creating every layer within a single patch could be attractive, but managing such a patch would be a catastrophe as well. Imagining a patch with like 4 or 5 main WTs and the same amount of modulator WTs, plus noise/pad/movement layers and two dozens of modulators, with even more routing - it would take me forever to figure out which oscillator or routing destination is doing what. It would be super frustrating if you just want to give it a little tweak and put it into your song.

Maybe sometime one just have to create such a patch when aiming to design a very complex and time-evolving texture. But if I'm just making some glitch basses, I'll go for serum now - and maybe vital after its release. So after all it's just a trade-off between simplicity and possibilities.

16. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Not sure I can wait 'till 24 after watching this video... GAS took me :rofl:

17. dashfiss

dashfiss Kapellmeister

18. M.C

M.C Member

Exactly, Phase plant is so cool but when you have a big patch its a mess. I prefer to create layers by duplicating the synth so i have more control about what's going on. Most people do that and also after watching a huge amount of project breakdowns of my fav producers i noticed none of them do very complex stuff like having a huge phase plant patch

19. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Only because this wasn't around when they were voting!
    This will kill it in next years vote!
    I reckon we are all gonna be rinsing this one TF! lol
    It's awesome, and I can't wait until the 24th.
    Buying it right now!

20. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star