Visualized Dynamics Plugin

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by swing, Oct 16, 2013.

1. swing

swing Newbie

Hi. Here I´m again with a -very- specific need.

I did a production course recently and I really liked how dynamics were shown/explained.
    For learning purposes we watched in the videos everything happening in a waveform (or spectrum) display, very educational (yes, don´t worry I know we should use 'just' our ears to form our own taste in processing stuff). I think the main tools were from Logic, but I´m not a Logic user so I can´t be exactly sure. Very clear plugs interfaces.

Now, I´m looking for something similar to use in my music and keep learning. I´ll be honest: I´m a very 'visual' guy, it helps for me to actually see what I´m doing to the sound. I spend a lot of time watching tutorials and reviews and I´ve to say that I´m tired about magic compression (or any) charts, 'cool' ultimate presets or general 'tips' like: "use a fast/slow attack and release here and here and you´re good to go". I´m curious, and I always prefered to dig a little by my own, make my own path, you know.. some DIY philosophy developed during years of self taught stuff. Also, I´m just starting with better monitors so I get lost often and dynamics have been always challenging for me. The best results I reached were made with Sonnox compressor (I like how it sounds), sometimes stacking 2 instances to tame peaks with different times, or using some gentle fast limiting and more opened attacks in compression, but sometimes I´m still getting some clipping because my inexperience, usually in some clicky/glitch cuts I like for my beats.

So I´m looking for something good sounding like Sonnox, but more 'visual-friendly' :wow:
    Aside from a few synthetic cuts and some aggresive sound design my music is mostly recorded, soft and organic, so I don´t want anything too digital sounding or too obvious.

I found this option, but if you know better ones let me know. I don´t really need the whole package (that´s why I´m asking you for options), but it looks similar to the tools we used in the course. If you use it, it would be nice to read your thougths about it. Thanks. :mates:

3. swing

swing Newbie

Thanks Heins. You´re my crime mentor.
    I´ll check the visualizer for sure.
    :wink: