VISCO Sample-modeling drum machine

Discussion in 'Software' started by Demloc, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

Equal parts designated beat maker, competent sound design tool, and live performance drum machine — Visco is a VST/AU plugin that can model and manipulate any sample you supply, freeing you from the usual limitations of working with recorded audio.

meet the Blob
    Visco is centered around the blob — a malleable representation of your sound on a 2D grid. With tools similar to modern UI design software, including a hand, magnet, eraser tool, plus a crossfader, you can grab, pull, push, and blend your sound however you please.

[​IMG]
    Use Visco to bend and stretch samples across frequency and time, meld the qualities of two sounds into one, or fine-tune any sound to fit your mix.

All Features
    [​IMG]
    8 Track, 32 Voice Drum Engine
    Turn any drum sample into a synthesized counterpart, free from the usual limitations of recorded audio.

[​IMG]
    Character and Shape
    Play with time, frequency, timbre, velocity, and more to create subtle and not-so-subtle variations.

[​IMG]
    Modulation Matrix
    Bring your idea to life with expansive modulation options.

[​IMG]
    Step Sequencer
    Develop ideas swiftly or use the randomize button for inspiration.

[​IMG]
    Mixer and effects section
    Put the final touches on your idea and make it fit the bigger picture.

[​IMG]
    Presets and sound library
    Get inspired from the get-go with included presets and sounds.

The manual can be found here.

system requirements
    macOS
    • Apple Silicon M1 or Intel 2.0 GHz processor
    • macOS 10.13 and later
    • AudioUnit or VST3 host software
    • 1GB of RAM
    • 64-bit only
    Windows
    • X86 processor with SSE3 support
    • Windows 10 and 11
    • AudioUnit or VST3 host software
    • 1GB of RAM
    • 64-bit only

3. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

Just copied pasted the info from their web. I've been toying around with it all morning and is a really interesing approach to sound desing IMHO.
    The demo is totally unrestricted, just a "buy a license" pop up for a few seconds, oldschool vibe, so that's a plus for the developers.

Also has external output for each bus so a plus plus plus XD

Enjoy!

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

Is there no PC extended demo? There is for Mac, which usually means a PC release will be coming along soon.

It's a pretty cool plugin. Nothing good ever really stays "unique" anymore because people will just shamelessly copy anything they see dollar signs on. But for now it is. Even this thing is probably based on, or "inspired by" SynPlant 2. It may be one of those ones that is fun to play around with and have little practical use in a real production. I'm on the fence, but at least the price is right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. QuietSheep

QuietSheep Newbie

I use Synplant and Visco quite often. They're really fun and simple to use and it's nice to get more use out of my large sample library.

With Visco I've been layering it with Chromaphone to make drums when I bored of using Microtonic and Addictive Drums 2.

6. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Pity, but according to that it wont work with win 7 and I'm not about to change my entire set up for it!