Virtual MIDI keyboard

Discussion in 'Software' started by Phil_27, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Phil_27

Phil_27 Member

Hi,
    does anyone know a plugin that acts like a virtual midi keyboard? You import the midi file then it plays it for you and a DAW records it? Sorry for my bad description xD but I don't know how to describe it any better.
    Kind regards

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

4. Phil_27

Phil_27 Member

Thanks for your reply but that's not what I'm looking for. I just got my leap motion controller and would like to focus on the movement while the midi is playing.

5. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

Virtual Midi Controller 3. I think it is also capable of playing midi files, but it's main purpose is to enable you to use the computer keyboard to play midi notes (with custom mapping). Here's the link for the free version and the full version that is fully functional for 30 days (you can delete soundco reg entries to enable new installation (my only successful crack attempt!));
    http://virtual-midi-controller-3-le.software.informer.com/3.0/
    http://www.soundcosoftware.com/

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

[2009] Sorry for my English. I'm working on it
    [2016] I'm beginning to improve. Hell yeah, I'm a fast learner :D

Xupido, rather than being sorry (for english), be proud of your own language; if you can justify that pride. Basic aspect of culture is language, and americans that imposed english upon us have least culture.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Phil_27

Phil_27 Member

Still not what I'm looking for. I don't need to play a keyboard with my mouse or anything like that. I need to be able to load a midi file into the plugin that then plays it in my DAW like it's played by me so I can focus on filters etc.

8. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

I have no idea what you are talking about; maybe you are in the wrong place - we discuss music here - or at least trying...

9. real

real Kapellmeister

That doesn't make sense...why don't you just record the midi data, and then apply your filters with an insert plugin?
    Not quite sure if I'm understanding what you want to do. Are you trying to arpeggiate the midi data with midi filters or something?

And that virtual midi controller has more to do with playing midi notes with your computer keyboard than with your mouse, though I guess if push comes to shove you can always draw in notes within your DAW's piano roll if you just had to use a mouse to do it. I used to do that when I first started.

10. The Iceman

The Iceman Kapellmeister

Such a D-Bag comment to make. Didn't your momma tell you if you got nothing nice to say then don't say anything? Hater!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • List
  11. F3r

F3r Producer

fc = newbie

i tried to help LIKE everyone here... and you this like me NAD only me .. ??? ok WAR START NEWBIE...
    ,y help was like er=very one,

i am the FIRST to talk about VIRTUAL CABLE.....

fck.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  12. Ejaymilev

Ejaymilev Noisemaker

this is one crazy request down here.... load the midi up in your daw then push the play or record button for it to play out your midi on an instrument while you focus on the filters and stuff...
    Simple...

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  13. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

14. Phil_27

Phil_27 Member

It can't be that difficult to understand. I need a virtual midi keyboard/player that is playing the given notes for me and lets me record it with my sequencer. It's not the same as the midi editor in a DAW.

The Roland thing sounds like it might be the thing that I'm looking for but it's discontinued.

15. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Again - why? Load the midi file into your daw, hit play and fondle the air in front of you :)
    If you need to record the midi notes that are being played - set up a second midi track, set the first midi track as input for the second midi track, arm the track, record.

By the way: we're all trying to help here. Going out and giving negative ratings to people who try to help you is really rude. Maybe you don't know this but with those negative ratings you actually give people a bad reputation.

16. foster911

foster911 Guest

Best Answer
    Yo need 2 softs.

1- Synthesia or MIDIculous (good for playing the midi files). Synthesia is excellent but most tutors use MIDIculous on top of their videos for better display.

2- A virtual midi cable like LoopMidi (it allows you to connect Synthesia or MIDIculous to your DAW).

For routing eg. Synthesia to your DAW, you should select LoopMidi as output in Synthesia and loopMidi as input in your DAW.

17. Phil_27

Phil_27 Member

Thanks foster, that sounds like what I've been looking for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  18. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

forget everything above. you dont need any virtual midi cable or shit. just drop the midi onto the daw and load a virtual instrument on that track.

19. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Its on the sister site it was updated this year by R2R.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  20. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

So at the end what you seem to need is an instrument plugin capable of playing a general MIDI file. Like has been commented before, the Roland one is a great one.

Still, you've to import the MIDI file in your DAW in one MIDI track and assign the General MIDI player instrument plugin to that track.

Hard to understand you man.

The proud of my own languages has nothing to do with the awareness of my weak English level, which by the way has really improved very lately, so my sig is half joke half truth.

You should blame the UK english, and before the spanish, and before the Romans... your comment seems highly anti-USA aside of pointless.