Virtones introduces vPed pedal board VST host

Discussion in 'Software News' started by fritoz, Jul 22, 2013.

1. fritoz

fritoz Ultrasonic

[​IMG]

Virtones has announced vPed, a pedal board for live use that allows real-time use of VST/VSTi plugins.

With vPed you can use VST and VSTi plugins, taking advantage from the traditional method of using analog equipment.

SWEEEEET

Possibilities are incredibly extensive, and all this will result in new musical stimuli especially during live performances, allowing you to greatly enhance your musical creativity.

vPed features

Guitar and XLR mic inputs, that can also be used at the same time. Balanced/unbalanced outputs.
    MIDI capabilities, to connect a midi keyboard for the use of VSTi virtual instruments.
    Up to 8 slots assignable to VST / VSTi pugins, activated/deactivated by footswitches.
    4 Expression/value pedal inputs, up to 4 ON/OFF foot switches inputs and 4 virtual switches available, all easily assignable to any plugin parameter.
    Data stored on a solid state drive (8G standard equipment, on request 16/32G).
    Quickly modify the effects chain.
    Capability to activate all plugins or one plugin at a time.
    AD/DA 44.1 kHz 24bit with undetectable latency.

vPed is expected to be available in October, 2013.

http://www.vped.net/

3. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

I never thought I would thank Frito for anything.

But that is kinda cool, as I play guitar and love vsts as well!

But I have iphone with Amplitube and a midi footswitch. Still not quite as cool as a pc vst host pedalboard.

I wonder if you load Amplitube in this pedal if you can take advantage of the cabinet emulation? Mmm...

4. fritoz

fritoz Ultrasonic

i lol'd!

I was going to say something snarky like "Yeah, it's usually your mom who thanks me", but i felt like being classy today.

:P

[​IMG]

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Don't do it Frito :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsgmxn4c6vY

6. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

Trust me, I have way mo better snarky comments!

So listen to Sausage!

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Why would you think that you'd never thank frito for anything? He's a great guy with a wicked sense of humor plus he's really intelligent and helpful. I'm not even going to get into how much he does for the forums.

8. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

If that is an honest question and you really want to know Catalyst, I will let you know.

Has nothing to do with personality.

It's because we are on different sides of the planet musically and I didn't think he would ever post anything relevant to metal or guitar.

That's why I didn't think I would ever thank Frito, cause I didn't think there would ever be anything relevant for my usage.

But like I said, he actually did post something cool I might check out, if that fucker isn't too expensive (the pedal). Cause the Peavey Muse thing is a $1000, but its not a stompbox like this one.

So, I thanked him.

9. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

I would buy this thing for sure if its cheaper than a crummy laptop. Cause a laptop and a little audio device and a little midi footswitch, and you would be able to do the same thing as this pedal.

So if this thing is around $300 to $600 dollars, then it is definitely worth getting when it comes out. Otherwise I would just go the latter route with cheap laptop setup.

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah it was an honest question, I thought that you had something against the guy. And you'd be surprised frito is actually very diverse in his listening interests.