Vir2 Instruments Announces Aeris - Vocal Designer

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Ash, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Ash

Ash Rock Star

[​IMG]

CRAFT LUSH VOCAL PERFORMANCES
    Vir2 Instruments is proud to introduce Aeris: Vocal Designer! Aeris combines the usefulness and practicality of beautifully recorded choral and solo singers with the powerful sound design capabilities of the Kontakt engine. Vir2 multisampled both male and female choirs, as well as solo bass, tenor, alto, and soprano solo singers performing vowels A, O, U and hums. With articulations including non-vibrato, vibrato, and true legato, composers and producers will easily be able to create lush vocal performances for their projects.

Aside from playable vocal patches, Aeris: Vocal Designer also provides the user with a vast amount of sound design tools for endless customization. With up to four LFO’s, users can modulate their choice of volume, pan, low pass, high pass, bandpass, and tuning. Additionally, Aeris includes dual sequencers for complex pattern creation, as well as eight powerful effects to make sound design truly limitless.

Vir2, along with a team of industry-leading sound designers, have created over 100 unique pads sampled from the original source material of choirs and solo singers. The pads utilize two powerful engines giving composers and producers the ability to create a near-infinite number of unique, lush, and inspiring vocal-based sounds for their music.

• Multisampled Male and Female Choirs
    • Multisampled Bass, Tenor, Alto, Soprano Solo Singers
    • Ah’s, Oh’s, Oo’s, and Hums
    • Non Vibrato and Vibrato Sustains
    • True Legato
    • Over 100 Unique Resampled Pads
    • Hybrid Sound Design Capabilities
    • 100’s of Pads and Effects Presets
    More details coming soon at Vir2 Instruments

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  3. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Sounds wonderful! Me gusta. I want this so bad lol.

4. Ash

Ash Rock Star

Yep! It looks promising. I would have liked to hear more.

5. Crash Davis

Crash Davis Ultrasonic

Clearly this is cutting edge. Oo's and ah's and plenty more, including oh's and hums. I listened twice before I was certain the voices were human -- well, close to human -- but even if not, I could hear them somewhat. As explained in the "second movie," the GUI and scripts were brutal to make. But the hardest thing of all to make might be a convincing demo.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  6. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

They are still in business?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Ash

Ash Rock Star

News updated:
    NAMM 2016 Video Added
    Coming Spring 2016

8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I don't see why not : Most of their libraries are top notch. At least they deserve to stay in business compared to others like Samplelogic who are just stock piling gb of samples.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Well, apollo was total garbage.

10. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

It's going to be hard choosing between this one and Zero G's Ethera... which is about 4 times smaller on the HD space and three times cheaper than Aeris.

12. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Fuck it. I'm gonna buy this today just to share on sister site. This and lethal audio's Lethal. Lol

13. Impressive

Impressive Guest

May as well be. Really sounds not much different, if not different at all.

14. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

So this is something similar like EWQL symphonic choir?:dunno:

15. Impressive

Impressive Guest

EWQL is crapware. Vir2 is quality (most of the time).

16. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

What Vir2 libs would you highlight? And for what job?

I simply dont agree :no:

17. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

Maybe now with new softver but I don't fully agree, 5-6 years ago they were on top! :disco::rofl::guru:

18. neuronm

neuronm Newbie

Para mi no suena nada natural

19. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Well, I did a comparison between Electri6ity/Acou6tics, and Ministry Of Rock vol 1 & 2.
    MoR was very outdated in sound. The articulations were very limited, and it just sounded clearly like it was sampled. Very unconvincing. Also no way to choose pickups or apply your own amp sims (I use Peavy ReValver MK4).
    Electri6ity had more articulations, and you can select the pickups (bridge, neck, middle, in ANY position). They also have strumming and everything. That could use a bit of work from Vir2's end - the strumming. Sounds more like the Tin-Man stroking his dick to his sexy ass crush (who's a microwave), rather than an electric guitar.
    Acou6tics also has Ukuleles, Mandolins, 12 strings, and 6 strings. With these I can play ANY chord I want, and the strumming is pretty good if worked with correctly.
    I played guitar in real life for 9 years, so I already know the different things a guitar can do, and what sounds convincing versus what sounds like a sampled piece of garbage being done in a stoner kid's bedroom.
    East West is good for cinematic/soundtrack shit. But even then, there is competition now - like Spitfire, Orchestral Tools, etc.
    The Play engine is also just not flexible enough for me. The GUI looks sorta like frozen computer game on my 2003 Windows XP laptop (the one I smashed with a rusty sledgehammer in 2009 simply because it took an hour just to open iTunes 6.5) with 40GB HD and 768MB of memory, IMHO.
    I can see how you would disagree, though. But this is why I feel that way. I look at instruments that are difficult to sample. A guitar is a hard instrument to sample the way Vir2 did it - nearly 6 years ago. LOL.
    Not to mention, if you try strumming with MoR, it sounds more like C3PO giving R2D2 a Cleveland steamer (a la, "synthesized shit") in my opinion. Lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016