Vir2 Electri6ity (Big Fish Audio now) Kontakt library problem

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by augustus14, Jun 6, 2023.

1. augustus14

augustus14 Newbie

Hi,
    I'm new here and glad, to have found this place with it's wealth of knowledge.

For a start, I've got one probably stupid question, to which I couldn't find anything by using the search function.

Recently I found that very old Vir 2 Electri6ity Kontakt Library (which I think belongs to Big Fish Audio meanwhile).

I added it to Kontakt 7.3.0 Mac. It does not appear in the left library (wallpaper) pane.
    (This old library does not have a nicnt file. Instead there is a Electri6ity_info.nkc and a Electri6ity_info.nkx file)

I'm able to load the different single or multi nki instruments. Unfortunately they stay quiet and the word DEMO in red appears on the instrument. And after a while a little windows pops up and asks for a serial number. (I tried the Kitty script, but that didn't help. And if I understand it right, thats no wonder, because the Kitty script only helps if a Library has a nicnt file. Right?)

So I guess may question is: Could any experienced Kontakt user here give me some advice what I have to do to make Electri6ty a working library?

Would be great. TIA!

3. kargozarmj

kargozarmj Ultrasonic

4. augustus14

augustus14 Newbie

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Someone else can maybe provide more technical reasons, but for a long time on Mac people were using Kontakt 5 to add new libraries. They would then use them in Kontakt v6 after adding that library via 5.

This Electri6ity update to v1.1 seems originally for use in Kontakt 4, Player or Full. You could try loading it into a K5 instance first.

Or you can try to use KLU Kontakt Library Utility. https://audiosex.pro/threads/klu-kontakt-library-utility.68288/.

From what I am reading, your problem with this thing may get deeper; but those are the first two things I would have tried first before asking.

Not only is the library old, but it's enormous. It's not something to download just for testing.

6. augustus14

augustus14 Newbie

Thanks for your advice.

I was able to create a nicnt file for Electrii6ity with KLU and to install the Library with KLU to Kontakt. However it doesn't show up.
    If I try to load an instrument, it now doesn't show up at all but presents a little popup windows that says:
    "This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respected library is registered properly."
    (Before it loaded, but had that red DEMO word on it and it produced no sound.)

If I try to add the library into a K5 instance and then add it to K7, is this a secure way?
    I mean, I definitely don't want to harm my other working installed libraries.

Lastly, yes, it's an enormous library, and I was happy when I found it.
    What do you mean with "From what I am reading, your problem with this thing may get deeper"?

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

I cannot install 7. But I have never had anything go wrong by simply loading a library into K5 first. If anything, it just still won't work either.

Problems with this library, I was just reading user comments about the original 50 gig scene release as 4 DVDs of content from the team Dynamics. Missing parts, corrupted files, and other general reports of people having a hard time getting it working correctly. And then some users even having problems with it once it actually is working correctly. If I had already downloaded it, I would try tricks and things to get it working, but otherwise I would give a Thanks, but no Thanks and opt for another Library of Guitars, like Shreddage, just as an example. Something with more posts about successful use of the release, before even getting involved with it. I can't think of any library that is worth 50 gb of space/bandwidth, for my uses. But I also don't put any priority on Realism.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  8. augustus14

augustus14 Newbie

Ok, since I already downloaded it, (yes it's the 4DVD Dynamics release + v1.1. Update and there were no missing files) I might give it a try with K5.

What I do remember right now is, that the whole rar-extraction process went smoothly. But the original Mac Library installer didn't work. It ended up with a note like: "Installation failed. The install app couldn't find software to be installed."

What I did then was to extract all the content from all the pkg files and was able to create the whole original structur of the library. (Compared it to Vir2 Acou6tics, which has a nicnt file and works fine.)

My guess is, Electi6ity would work, if it would be recognized as registered (like with a serial number, which of course I don't have.)

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

well, yes it obviously appears to be some type of authorization problem or it wouldn't demo out and ask for serial#. Other users did not mention problems like yours, but they are also very old comments too. I don't think you can auth this thing now on BigFish website, as an example. This is what people have attributed to file corruption/incomplete downloads though -> "Installation failed. The install app couldn't find software to be installed."

I would Codesign the installer and see if it is any difference. Unsigned files can sometimes give you BS error messages. But these are also the signs of a problematic library, or one that is going to require more effort than i care to deal with. You end up reading threads like this one and trying to edit files: https://audiosex.pro/threads/how-to-create-nicnt-files-for-kontakt.33486/

But there are way more Completed Downloads of this library than there are complaints about it not working. So somehow, people got it to work.

In another Vir2 thread someone commented this: "When adding the library with 5.6.0 version, Kontakt creates an .xml file for the library in Service Center folder with a zeroed SNPID code. You have to change it to the right code that is in the .nicnt file. In this case: Q31"

KLU can do such tasks with many libs; but i'm not sure with this one.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  10. Big Fish Audio

Big Fish Audio Noisemaker

Glad you found us! Vir2 Instruments is a sister company to Big Fish Audio. We handle customer support.

If you have a download copy of Electri6ity from an authorized dealer, then yes, a serial number and .nicnt file are all yours. Cracked, outdated, unauthorized copies, well...

11. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

when is Vir 2 Acou6tics and Electri6ity getting a GUI update ?

12. Big Fish Audio

Big Fish Audio Noisemaker

Nothing to announce, obviously, but fear not! These libraries will not be lost to time or abandoned.