Vintage Hardware Sinister Techno

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by The Teknomage, May 3, 2016.

1. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Second Track out of my Yamaha RM1X. Some parts are step sequenced in, while others are played in, then sequenced live into Audacity and bounced out to 44.1 16 bit. Imported into Ozone, so I can check on the imager, converted with dither, and that's it. All the sounds and fx are from the RM1X only.

If you don't know about the RM1X it came out in 1998, and even when It came out the samples were considered somewhat dated and thin sounding. Hope you like and if you don't, never mind.

P.s: If you looking for sweet melodies and chord progressions, look elsewhere, you'll find non here. Cheers:rofl:

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I'm looking for a well preserved RM1X to buy, amongst some other things, and this is an interesting "demo" of its sounds and timing. Thanks! :wink:

I will use it for sequencing my nice collection of hardware samplers. :winker: No melodies here, either. Just mostly techno-industrial thumping, hammering, bashing, beating etc. :hahaha:

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  4. foster911

foster911 Guest

Splendid! Continue!

5. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

If you're going to use it for just sequencing, maybe try to get the RS7000 (more expensive though), or make sure you get one with the 1.13 os as the earlier ones had some bugs. Although mine is the 1.12 there is a work round, but I've not set it up to me other stuff yet.You can't record on the fly with this. which I think you can on the RS. You have to stop and start to record all the time which can be a pain at first but, it's not that big a deal for me.

Still learning this and it will be a long time before I can really get the most out of it, so as I continue with Celeste's Basement, each track will get more complex. This only had about 11 of the 16 tracks, and 4 of the 16 parts to make up the pattern: 1 at 2/2. 1 at 3/4 and 2 at 4/4.
    I like the fact it doesn't auto quantize. so you may notice not every thing is in perfect time. It's not a fault with the machine it's me when I record in live, but unless I cock it up real bad I leave it un-quantized. as I like the feel it gives.

If you got any questions just ask.

6. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Well thank you. Although I.m not sure those are your real thoughts though.

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

[​IMG]

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Dude........You can pretty much have mine if you want,ive not used or even looked at it in what seems like 6 or 7 yrs......only thing may be me finding it as its amongs a whole heap of shite on my basement But is in good nick..........Though quite why you want one illudes me .....The emx series from korg sure...or even the old rs7000 id understand...but an rmX? That said ,Another mans rubbish n all that huh!

9. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

The emx series has a maximum 8 bars per pattern. The RM1X can have pretty much as many as you want. 16 parts per pattern with 16 tracks per part. Each part can be as many bars as you want and, all in different time signatures, if you want. You can flick from one part to the next, then mute or unmute the tracks in that part before moving to the next part. Then there's the post sequencing midi fx. The internal midi clock is very accurate, so as a hardware sequencer for your hard ware gear, at the price they go for, it's a bargain. Yes the rs7000 is better, but you'll usually be looking at 3 to 4 times the price. I picked mine up for the equivalent of 138 quid.