Vincent tells it like it is, best short motivational speech for producers.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Von_Steyr, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

From the intelligible one-third of his speech, I gather that it's some motivational "do-it-now" message, but the score is so prominent in the audio mix that I can't be certain. The scene would be so much better without any music, for that reason and for that filmmakers should often let words speak for themselves. Too much "music" all over the place makes me give up on movies after about 15 minutes, either because I can't follow the dialog and the characterization and plot, or because the music's just not good to listen to.

4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I guess its a matter of personal taste, though the scoring in this movie is indeed rather poor.Back in the day Mann used artists like Tangerine Dream(Thief), nowadays scoring ( in general )in Hollywood is abysmal.

5. Pronto

Pronto Kapellmeister

i really think this is one of those roles that defines Cruise..that he CAN act...very good for him..Jamie Foxx brilliant too...total reversal of the brash characterisation we often see him in...nice one Steyr thanks

6. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

When I watch movies at all it's always on my laptop, but on the rare occasion that I play something from the studio computer with monitors hooked up, I'm always appalled at how loud the music actually is. it makes me think they actually optimize it for shitty speakers since most people are watching on laptops, or TVs with built in shit speakers.

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Sorry. I was more focused on the weird fluctuation/modulation of brightness and darkness throughout the clip.

Was the underlined message something like this?:

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Coldn`t agree more.Both are really good actors and its a shame Cruise picks such shitty movies/roles lately.

9. returnal

returnal Rock Star

If you want some classic Cruise motivational speaking . . .

. . . and some proof that he can act when given a good script and some inspired direction . . .