Vienna ensemble pro

Discussion in 'PC' started by Muze, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Muze

Muze Newbie

Vienna ensemble pro is a networkhost wich is equipped with a classical sample library.

Does anyone have any experience with this piece of software? How do you use it?

3. twathead

twathead Kapellmeister

I use it to host all my VI plug-ins, it is very good and efficient & also runs a 32bit + 64bit server so you can run new & old plug-ins.

Has given me no problems at all, you just need to get your heading around routing MIDI / AUDIO to & from your sequencer (DAW).

Basically your DAW is pretty much running nothing but MIDI tracks & whatever audio you have in the session, hence no CPU spikes from the DAW.

VEPro is very efficient with RAM management for VI plug-in.

Other people with more elaborate setups network a 2nd (up to 4) computer(s) which hosts the plug-ins and returns the Audio output over to the main computer via ethernet network.

I have it running only on 1 machine.

Hope it helps.

T.H.

4. Muze

Muze Newbie

So you run one DAW and a SERVER? Right?

And at what latency is the DAW running?

Thank you.

5. twathead

twathead Kapellmeister

Starts off at 128 buffer than as the session gets more & more heavy with more VIs being used 256 than 512 if need be.

With VEPro each plugin server in the host allows you to have: No Buffer / 1 x the DAW buffer / 2 x the DAW buffer

This will make sense once you have it in front of you, i think you can get a free demo trial period.

It is definitely worth it imho, another bonus is you can load templates of plugins then switch between your Cubase/Protools/Logic etc. projects without loading plugin data, this of course depends on your workflow.

Good luck :wink: