vidmochka

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by duskwings, Jul 26, 2011.

1. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

hi,i d like to have some hints about the mixing of this tune thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFUNSjMXQ08

3. sounderror

sounderror Newbie

Nice!

Sorry i dont have any tips really,
    it sounds organic which is probably how it should sound, the white noise at the very end could be silenced. then just add a delay to the very end to give it subtle let out

4. mrcaze

mrcaze Newbie

I'd personally make guitars a bit softer and warmer. Maybe push them in the background a bit. Also it seems that soft and gentle compression would help.

My overall opinion is that guitars a too in your face for this kind of music. All other things seems to work pretty well.

PS: Don't take my words for granted as I don't really have experience of working with such kind of music :)

5. duskwings

thanks for the hints guys.
    mrgaze i think u re right,do u think i should use some kind of spatializer to do that or is it just a matter of volume?do u think more reverb would do the work?

6. mrcaze

mrcaze Newbie

I would try to do it the following way: put 112db Preamp on the track (try American Vintage preset, turn on the middle band and turn off high band), then EQ to roll of some of hi end (just a tiny bit), then apply very gentle compression (1:2 ratio, low threshold, low attack, middle release), then decrease the volume until it sounds better in the mix, after that I would start experimenting with adding some reverb. In the case of you track I would use small room reverb, so that it not really pushes guitar too much in the background but rather makes a bit wider. Hopefully, that makes some sense :)

Of course don't rely too much on my words, as it only what I think I would do. I can't really tell whether it would work they as I expect it without hearing it in the mix.

PS: BTW, 112db Preamp is not really necessary, it's just one of my favourites right now ;)

7. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I would bring the percussion up a bit.. add some high end to the main guitars, and turn them down a notch

Nice playing tho for sure.

8. duskwings

ok i applied mome modifications,i m not sure about the compression,hope it sounds better now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4GZf31oMiY