Video Game Tutorial Voice Over, and editing..

Discussion in 'Software' started by naitguy, Sep 14, 2023.

1. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

So I thought I'd start to make some videos on YouTube of me playing rather difficult video games where I do a voice-over explaining what I'm doing (as a tutorial to help people stuck in a game). I'm not sure what software is best for this. I have the video recorded already (using OBS Studio), I'm just not sure what is best for me to be able to do some editing and voice over stuff.

I'd basically be playing through my video.. hit pause, explain something, then maybe I'd do a slow-motion replay here and there.. possibly some text overlaying. Nothing too crazy, but I'm not sure what tool is best to use without all this being a pain in the ass to create. Adobe Premiere, perhaps?? Or is there something better/simpler.

Anyone done this and have a suggestion on what to use that won't be a lot of extra work on my end?

3. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

I´ve used Premiere and Vegas for editing. I think Vegas is easier and a little bit faster for me. If I need to do some title animation or VFX, I always use After Effects

4. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Thanks @Legotron ! Grabbing Vegas now to see how that goes.

I've used Adobe AE before, but I probably won't need any crazy FX.. so hopefully just Vegas will work for my needs.