Video Editor that can export audio in wav format

Discussion in 'PC' started by reverbmuddiesmix, Jun 15, 2022.

1. reverbmuddiesmix

reverbmuddiesmix Member

i'm editing some music vids of mine and just found my video editor only allows lossy (aac, mp3) audio formats when exporting. that sux since youtube allows lossless audio as eg. wav by now so why would i want to encode the audio twice (including youtube's encoding)?! my audio file in the video editor is 44.1khz/16bit wav so i need a video editor that allows export of lossless audio (i need to be able to set sample rate (to 44.1khz) as well and it should support pcm wav audio format. so i googled and didnt find anything?! there must be tons of users editing their music vids, so i am wondering why there is no such video editor around as it seems. i wouldnt wanna use a fully fledged adobe premier or so (i guess premier can indeed export wav) since i only need to make super simple video edits and would get overwhelmed by premier's GUI and workflow. so i cross fingers that someone can recommand me a simple video editor that can export audio in wav format. ps: the video editor i tried which can not do it is nch videopad

3. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Vegas Pro can export video with WAV audio format.

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Almost all cross-platform video editing software gives the capability to extract audio from video. However, when it comes to ease of use, fast response speed, and lossless sound quality, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better tool than VideoProc Vlogger. This beginner-friendly video editor goes compatible with both Windows and macOS operating systems and offers a one-click solution to split audio from video. Moreover, it brings many handy add-ons onboard. You can utilize it as a color & filter editor, a speed editor, a motion editor, an audio editor
    www.videoproc.com/video-editor/extract-audio-from-video.htm

VideoProc VloggerCreate and Recreate - Free
    https://www.videoproc.com/video-editing-software/

5. reverbmuddiesmix

reverbmuddiesmix Member

just found out that mp4 cant use wav audio but only aac/mp3. so i either switch to avi and lose vid quality but can have lossless audio (wav) or stick with mp4 and render audio at aac's max bitrate of 512.000kbps. do u think youtube encoding from 512.000kbps aac will sound worse than youtube encoding from 16bit 44.1khz wav?

6. playtime

playtime Rock Star

I don't think it would be a problem. Youtube will convert it to lower AAC anyway - No huge difference in everyday listening :yes: