Vestax Pad-One anybody?

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Bump, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

Anybody can testify first hand on the build quality and pad responsiveness??

I was looking at this to add to my MUCH streamlined setup since I've sold off most of my hardware :`( lol

It has a 6-pin-to-5-pin midi cable which would be great for triggering my sp-202 and 505...

The pad feel/sensitivity is key however

3. juan escajeda

juan escajeda Noisemaker

use native instruments maschine, been beating this thing up for a couple of years now and it still works like the day i bought it, besides with maschine 2 coming out you should be able to get one used for real cheap

4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

That has nothing to do with the question! Anyways... I don't own the Vestax Pad-One but a friend does and I have had a chance to use it a couple of times. The pads are very nice, better than anything else in the price range that and the build quality overall is great. I plan on getting one to replace my AKAI LPD8

5. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

Thanks both of you for the replies. Yea, def not trying to get Maschine. I'd still be paying double (more for the MKII) for more functionality than I need. And every review I read says the padone is built like a tank. Portability is a plus

6. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

I browse around, i havent try them yet. I bought the korg padkontrol.

Most of the reviews i saw on vestax is that the pads are kinda like mpc and you need to tap right at the middle to get sound. Padkontrol you can hit anywhere like at the corner of the pad and still get sound. Also people complain that the build is just cheap plastic.. but almost all products now a day have cheap materials =/

Overall vestax are not bad. I seen a couple of videos on youtube of people using them and they seem fairly responsive.

(P.S. when i meant the pads are similar to mpc.. i only meant on that you need to hit the center for response).

7. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

People complain that the padkontrol is cheap plastic or the vestax? Because every review I see of the Pad One says it is an all metal body. The construction is supposed to be great.

8. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

Vestax Pad

I was looking at Queno too before i purchase my padkontrol.
    I had trouble choosing padkontrol cause its like.. 5 year old. It gets the job done tbh and has good response. Also i think in the 200 ball range.. its probably the best one in my opinion. I still wanna get push and mashine. At least one of them, most likely push to control ableton.