Verbsuite Classics test.

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Von_Steyr, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Guys, slate is releasing his own version of Distressor.
    An Official Emulation Of
    The Empirical Labs Distressor.

Coming Soon To The Everything Bundle

“Holy crap! I can finally add a simple plugin with a touch of a button to make my drum mixes sound great! It sounds just like the original distressor…whoa!”

Mark Schulman | Worldwide Drummer for Cher, Pink

[​IMG]

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

hmm I never tried sigmund delay, but repeater is awsome.
    that's great man! I generally don't like any other compressor on the drums then a distressor or the glue

3. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

I haven't tried Repeater yet but Sigmund was my go to delay until UVI Relayer. Sigmund is still awesome but it sucks down cpu like a monster. The Glue is my favorite compressor plugin.

4. The Glue is true. truly.

5. julianbre

julianbre Producer

I actually like the Verbsuite and would rate it 5 out of 5. It is trying to emulate an EMT 250, Lexicon 480, AMS RMX16, Eventide 2016, Sony DRE 2000, TC6000 and Bricasti M7. It does a fantastic job. You just might not like those reverbs. No problem.

I've used all of those reverb in the studio before (except a Bricasti) and Slate nails them. The Sony is a great reverb. I think it only goes up to about 14K. Try it on a snare and see. Another great Sony verb is the R7. Wish Slate had sampled that one instead. Listen to the snare on Back in Black. Sony R7.

Don't sell this one short if you are into vintage verbs. LX480 is also great as well as the Lexicon collection. Last verb to really impress me, Phoenixverb. For a natural sounding verb, Wow.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Placeholder

Placeholder Ultrasonic

I love Verbclassics! one thing it's got going for it over every other reverb I've ever encountered is that it's so darn easy. There are hardly any parameters and I like that. The sound is very very clear and full, which I really enjoy. It's my new go-to :).

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I think he additionally over processed the reverbs.Same thing he does with his drums.Too polished.

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I will give it another go.I would rate it 4/5, but because of the user interface and the preset finder and the unfortunate names i would give it 3.5/5.