Vengeance Soundset License Question

Discussion in 'Education' started by paraplu020, Jun 26, 2012.

1. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

COPYRIGHT/LICENSING NOTICE
    The enclosed samples in these downloadable packs are licensed to you, not sold to you, by Vengeance Sound. Ownership remains with Vengeance Sound. The one-shot samples and drum-loops may be reproduced in whole or in part within your original musical compositions/productions only. All melodies, melodic loops and compositions are licenced for non-commercial use only. All copying, lending, duplicating, re-selling or trading of this product or its content is strictly prohibited. Only the original purchaser of this product has the right to embody and reproduce the enclosed sound samples within their music compositions. This license is granted for a single user only on a worldwide basis and is not transferrable. You are not allowed to electronically transfer the sound samples or place them in a time/file-sharing or public computer/sampler network. The sound samples are licensed'as is' without warranties of any kind. Due to the worldwide use of sounds, Vengeance Sound is not responsible for any kind of conflicts between music labels regarding using the same loops or sounds. Vengeance Sound is not responsible for any direct or indirect consequential loss arising from the use of this product in whatever form.

So if you buy a soundset legally... are you or are you NOT allowed to use these loops in commercial releases? I couldn't tell by reading this text, maybe you can help me?

3. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

Maybe i'll add this to my question....

like when i buy some soundsets and make a full 'song' with loops from those packages, both chopped up and 'untouched', would i be able to release this track?!

4. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

You can do that .. even i wouldnt suggest it to you, to do it because it's not 'your' song .. but you got the rights to use them if you purchased the kit/loops/whatever.

Regards,

5. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

thanks for your reply, but what's this sentence about then? i don't quite understand...

"All melodies, melodic loops and compositions are licenced for non-commercial use only."

6. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

it's weird ur right .. only thing and I can give u my proofness for my statement is, that steve angello even did use a loop from a Vengeance Pack (the song is called 'Knaas') and he also did sell it, so you have the same rights as him.

Regards,

7. paradigm

paradigm Newbie

"All melodies, melodic loops and compositions are licenced for non-commercial use only."

Anything with a tune either, your not allowed to use, as its like demo really of what can do. Percussive Loops are allowed I would say. This is a stretch, you could cut up the melodies and make your own and i would say you could do that.

I see melodies like signatures, you can't copy a signature.

Hope my input helped

8. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

yes, i really want to know which information is correct. it's so weird, here's another one...

Dear customer,

thank you for purchasing a Vengeance-Sound sample CD product!

You now have access to a huge library of professional audio samples.

Licensing Agreement
    Please read the terms of the following software licence agreement before using this software.
    The sound samples recorded on this CD remain the property of Vengeance-Sound and are licensed, not sold, to you for use on your sampling and harddisc-recording equipment.
    Vengeance-Sound reserves any other rights not expressly granted to you.
    The right to use enclosed sounds is granted to the original end-user of the product (Licensee) and is not transferable - this means you cannot
    sell any sample packs second hand. By the same logic you cannot use any sounds from second hand products legally in productions.
    Due our terms of use (Share It TOS), you can not sell this product to anyone.
    Once the product is sold, both, your and the buyers license is terminated.
    In this case, you are not longer allowed to use any of the samples in your productions.
    All lending, renting, copying, duplicating, trading or reselling of this product or its contents (also modified contents) is strictly prohibited. You also are not allowed to upload or download
    this product, or any of the sounds on it, on the Internet (except from Vengeance-Sound) .
    In effect, any such action is piracy, is therefore illegal, and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    You can use the Sounds in any type of non commercial music production. You may modify the sounds to your need.
    You are not allowed to use the sounds for any commercial music production, jingle, broadcasted music, remixes and any other
    commercial purposes, without explicit permission.

The Sounds can not be used for making music or sounds that will be licensed or sold as Library Music, Sound Clips, or other Sampling products.
    Licensor will not be responsible if the contents of this disc does not fit the particular purpose of the Licensee. The sounds provided are
    licensed "as is" without warranties of any kind. All rights reserved.
    Neither the producer, nor Vengeance-Sound, nor any distributor of Vengeance-Sound products can be held responsible for any direct or indirect or
    consequential loss arising from the use of this product in whatever form.

and now...

please have much fun with your new Vengeance sample library!

kind regards
    Vengeance-Sound

Maybe this is only for second hand buyers. Right? So the first buyer (me), can do everything he wants with the sounds and eventually release a track including sounds/loops from this stuff..

sorry guys, just wanted to make sure i fully understand what i'm using. :wink:

9. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

so then the vengeance packs have different terms of use than most loop packages i see passing on the net. most of them let you use the sounds royalty free, why are they different

10. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Funny argumentation, try telling that to the Vengeance lawyers. ;)

My advice: Don't ever ask for legal advice on the Internet, you might get the wrong answers..

11. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

I don't see that there are restrictions!

Most Vengeance Sample Packs/CD's contain this txt file:

Dear customer,

thank you for purchasing a Vengeance-Sound product!

You now have access to a huge library of professional audio samples.

please have much fun with your new Vengeance sample library!

kind regards
    Vengeance-Sound

-------------------------------------------------------
    The copyright of this samplepack is owned by
    Vengeance-Sound.com
    Unauthorised copying/renting/sharing
    and reselling is strictly prohibited and will be
    pursued by international law.
    Each sample pack has got it's unique watermark,
    so our legal department can track every
    illegal copy on the internet back to it's
    original licensor.
    -------------------------------------------------------

for details:

www.vengeance-sound.com

for questions:

[email protected]

There are some exeptions with the vocal cd's.
    The only thing is to name the writers and give them 50% of publishing rights.

If you use a VOCAL from this Sample Pack in a commercial production, please declare the following shares at GEMA or your local author society:

50% music composer Stephan Endemann (GEMA Nr.: 114511)
    50% lyric composer Stephan Endemann (GEMA Nr.: 114511)

Published by Begemo Music Publishing (GEMA Nr.: 764612)

So you can see. YES you can use it in commercial Productions!

P:S.
    I found out that the non commercial rules are in cd's from 2009 and before.
    Newer Sample CD Releases after 2010 contains the rules without restrictions!

12. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

very helpful, thanks man! :wink:

13. virusg

virusg Rock Star

i personally use them as much as i want and how i want ...i dont find fair to buy and not be able to use it ...from billions of crap released every day ...they wont find you, unless u hit it BIG ...

14. clamz

clamz Newbie

red one did a song for lady gaga using one of their samples. Wonder if they cut vengeance royalties. What a stupid clause. What is the point of a sample cd in that case?

15. retroboy

retroboy Producer

Is it only Vengeance who have this 50% royality stipulation in place? If I'm going to have to pay 50% royality for a sample used in a commercial track I may as well just go back to the old school way and sample off other peoples records.

I was wondering whether there are any sample libaries who go the route of Library/Production Music where users get free access to libaries to experiment with editing etc and only pay if they use it in a commercial product.