Vengeance Avenger arpeggios and drumbeats not working in DP9

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sento, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Sento

Sento Newbie

Hi everyone,

I encountered a weird bug while testing the Avenger Demo in Digital Performer 9.5. All of my instruments and plugins work okay with this sequencer (all in VST2 version because VST3 crashes). This is on a Windows 10 PC.

When I instantiate Avenger as a single instrument track it works fine. I use the mouse to click on the GUI keyboard and it plays all patches normally. However, when I instantiate the synth along with an armed MIDI track and play my MIDI controller the arpeggios and drumbeats do not complete the cycle. They only play either the first note or the first beat or two of the bar, it depends on the selected patch. I sent an email to support and this is what they said:

"I am not sure what this problem may cause. I only can assume that the time-informations sent by DP are not correct. Or that our MIDI-OUT get feedback into Avenger (when ARP is playing the notes are sent to Avenger's MIDI OUT). Maybe you can filter those messages or at least check if you can deactivate Avenger's MIDI OUT in DP to see if that is the error."

When Avenger is instantiated as a single instrument track I click on a note in the GUI keyboard and it lights up as expected, but when I add the armed MIDI track the arpeggiated notes light up in succession until they stop abruptly. That made me suspect there is some data conflict between this synth and the sequencer. Any ideas for a workaround?

Thanks and happy new years!