Vengeance Avenger 1.2.2. rev1 crash on Able10

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alpha0ne, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

As the title says, this plugin allways crashes Ableton Live 10. But its only on Ableton. Bitwig is no problem. I found out that its related to firewall or hostsfile setting. If you block Ableton Live from accessing the internet via Firewall and/or hosts file and when Avenger tries to connects then to their servers but can't, then it crashes. When i allow internetaccess Avenger works fine, too. Is there anyway to fix this problem or am i the only one with this problem? I am on Win 10 64 bit, Live 10 64 bit.

3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

you answered your own question

4. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

if you really want to use avenger , it is a good investment. The latest version is quite stable here. Not tested on live tho

5. DJK

DJK Rock Star

and also you do not need to block live 10 as im sure its taken care of in the patched .exe i know with 9 iblocked it and when i turned on push2 live crashed, so its ok to not block it, because also if you look at the bottom of live 10 when you run it there is a message in the bottom in pink saying cant connect to dl sample packs, re auth live

6. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Hi DJK. To avoid the pink message go to preferences in Live10 -> LIBRARY -> untick Show downloadable packs and its gone.

I block Ableton Live with firewall, because everytime when doing a vst-scan, some plugins do use this to call home and reset activation data.
    This is why i block all DAWs.

Funnny thing is that although i blocked also BITWIG via Firewall, Avenger works flawless without crashing.

7. DJK

DJK Rock Star

thx for the tip mate,:wink::wink:

8. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

I think i must be the only one who has such problems.

9. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Discovered that if i disable internet connection via deactivating the ethernet adapter, the plugin works, unless i activate the adaptersettings again. WTF ??

10. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I don't use a lot Avenger;so I tried to load two instances of Avenger on Live 10 and no problem here.
    I don't block my DAWs to internet and have no problem with authorizations.
    Quite the opposite I think you 'll get more problems than you'll solve blocking your DAWs connection.

11. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I don't have problems with Avenger but with Slate Digital plugins yes.They work fine with Studio One but not with Live 10.

12. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

In which way? On my Pc i installed the VMR Complete Bundle and all works fine.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  13. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

When I load VMR on a track,I see it on the screen but doesn't work if I lower the threshold and rise the ratio on a compressor,the needle is not moving.

Music with computers is complicated sometimes...One software will work on a machine and won't on another.
    Last week I installed Studio One on my brother's computer with him and it didn't work,Impossible to ear something out of Studio One! I checked everything I know but no sound after 2 hours.
    And the most weird is that S1 worked on his pc some months ago.
    So we installed Live and all is working fine.
    On my computer S1 has allways ran well.