Vegan influencer dies of starvation

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Snare Gel, Aug 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

The vast majority of automobile tires use stearic acid in the process of manufacturing which is animal derived. Since just about everything at some point is transported by some kind of truck or car, it is virtually impossible to ensure that no animal was harmed in order to deliver that monitor, keyboard, guitar or computer. Compromise must be considered in where to draw the line else the true vegan couldn't eat, wear clothing, make music or virtually anything at all.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Oh brother.

What's the next story about?

Mermaid swears her child is the product of being raped by Elvis' ghost sues Presley estate for 2 Trillion Somolians!!!

3. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

[​IMG]

4. Snare Gel

Snare Gel Kapellmeister

[​IMG]

5. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

:guru:

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. luckyLuke7

luckyLuke7 Ultrasonic

This is quite an workout to sedentary people that just seat all day long. At her age of 133 yo I doubt anyone would be doing half of that.

7. luckyLuke7

luckyLuke7 Ultrasonic

Very similar to my mix buses chain.

8. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

So why do you still use the word "vegan"? What's that got to do with anything? Doesn't she just have an extreme diet, possibly (and maybe even probably) stemming from an eating disorder induced by things like social media and influencer pressures? I still don't see why there is a need for the word "vegan" to exist in what you write if this is your thinking?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Huh? :rofl: Isinglass is used to clarify beer, and isinglass is a gel made up of the collagen taken from the swim bladder of a fish. So there is very much so dead fish in your beer, in fact dead fish collagen proteins to be precise.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  10. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Are you high? Drinks don't have to provide ingredients by law, not because they don't exist. Very rarely will you see ingredients on drinks, unless it is the brewer's marketing choice to list certain things like hops, malt, and water to try and make it sound cleaner and purer. It's their choice to not mention other ingredients as there isn't legislation forcing them to list ingredients.

Food is another matter. All foods that contain it have it clearly list animal based gelatin as an ingredient because they have to list all ingredients by law.

* this is the situation in UK/EU

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This is some messed up thinking. Potatoes are renewable and can be re-grown, fish are living, sentient beings. Why don't we use the bladders of dead humans instead of fish bladders then, if this is your argument based on "wastage"?! :rofl:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Wow, Lois. Can you ask Superman to start doing uber deliveries, then? =P Michelin are plant-based. And a lot of people have heard of that brand. But, let's get our logical fallacies piling up! There's a non-zero chance that the delivery guy was eating a hotdog, the delivery is not vegan 8O! The point is that we can make choices that lead to less suffering to sentient beings. Also, not difficult (as a consumer) to use the world's largest manufacturer of tires?
    I also know that there are no wheels driving container ships, which is how most stuff gets transported! :P

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This. It really is a silly point to try and divert from the truth and fact. If you put any living organism in an environment for long enough, particularly warm, sunny, or moisture-rich environments, they will degrade and decompose over time into a liquid-y substance that could be described as a "gel", sometimes due to solely environmental factors and sometimes due to being consumed by bacteria and other living organisms, oftentimes from the inside out.

We've all seen Robocop to know this is fact....

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This is the common misconception or pro-meat eaters and anti-vegans. Veganism, as I said earlier in the thread, is different to different people, e.g. environmental, ecological, health, intolerance, and so on. Someone can choose to be vegan for health reasons and not give a crap about whether animals are harmed or not. However, even those who are vegan for environmental or animal reasons are doing so to reduce their carbon footprint or reduce animal suffering etc. It's not about achieving 0% carbon emissions or 0% animal harm. People aren't stupid. People do it to improve the World, improve their health, improve humanity's future environment and so on. Reducing adverse impact is the only thing that does this, so any reduction is a positive thing for all of humanity, animals, and the planet. I know some people who only eat meat on certain days to minimise their impact; it's not about reaching gross zero impact, but rather a net zero impact, meaning we do not cause additional suffering, additional ecological and environmental harm, additional health harms compared to what we add in value or what would happen naturally. This is why so many companies with carbon footprints try to add to the environment, such as in the form of creating more green spaces to naturally process and offset any carbon dioxide emissions and so on, result in a net zero footprint, or even positively impact the environment.

This misconception that veganism has to equal 0% impact is, frankly, moronic. It's about a choice to do less unnecessary harm in as many areas as possible.

As soon as non-vegans realise it's about a choice to improve things for all rather than a righteous mission to have zero impact, the better :rofl:

15. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Okay, whatever you say. Just to illustrate the absurdity of this conversation, I'll apply your logic to another product:
    While most people would call a wooden chair a chair and answer the question of what the chair is made of with "wood" - knowing well that this wood comes from a felled tree, you go straight to calling the chair not a chair, but the "flesh of a cruelly murdered and chopped up tree". Whoever calls the chair a chair is a spin doctor who wants to hide the truth in order to deceive people about the cruel reality. And bakers are said to write "stainless steel" on the ingredient list of bread because the dough hook was temporarily in the dough while kneading it.
    Okay, everyone is free to have their own opinion and to express it. I have nothing against vegan food or religion or people who live according to their beliefs, but this way of thinking that you practice here is absurd and out of touch with reality. That is my opinion. You are of course free to dislike, disagree or reply to this post and spread the next bunch of nonsense and conspiracy theories about some shady agenda I'm supposedly following. But I think I'm done here and go in peace. Farewell my friend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I quoted a brewer, who wasn't "trustworthy" when he said that taste is affected by dropping fish guts in your beer.

Compare. Contrast. Bad faith, "trust me bro" imo.

Quite. I call fish guts what they are, literally a bladder. You're the one spinning. See above.

Has nothing to do w/ "killers", but obligate carnivores have claws, fangs and short digestive tract.

Well, the victims don't have any free will. As an industrialized process, sentient, feeling beings are born into slavery, tortured, forcibly impregnated and murdered. Sometimes at a few days old (male chicks). Just so we can eat their delicious corpses. The animal agricult calls this delightful process "maceration", btw.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. DJK

DJK Rock Star

no such thing as a perfect diet, the rule is simple, eat less and move more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

I have a feeling that may have played a part in that woman's death.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Your comparison is flawed. It has nothing to do with any laws. It is not an ingredient because it is not in the product. It's really not that hard to understand. Because if gelatin (which, by the way, is often abbreviated as gel and refers to all animal gelatin products) is in the product, then it is on the ingredient list - because it is in the product. Gel, however, can serve multiple purposes. Not only can it be used to change the consistency of the product, i.e., to gel it, but it can also be used to bind certain ingredients to it and then remove them along with the gel. The latter is the case with beer. If you dip a stainless steel ladle into your soup and then take it out, the ladle is no longer in the soup, right? And no one would think of saying that stainless steel is in the soup and putting it on the ingredient list. It's logic, not law. The ladle was only temporarily in the soup. And the soup doesn't magically absorb stainless steel unless you shred the ladle and mix the result into the soup. The same is true for gel. And if vegetarians or vegans don't want gelatin used to clarify their food, that's okay. I worked in a vegan restaurant, there are alternatives. Then they can sleep peacefully. But that doesn't change the fact that beer doesn't contain fish bladders or isinglass or gelatin or collagen or whatever you want to call it. And as I said, most breweries don't even use gel anymore, regardless of the animal it comes from. Most use celite. And in the vast majority of cases, this does not even have anything to do with the wishes of vegan customers, but with cost calculation and product availability. Could we end this completely stupid discussion now? This is about a dead person and not about the self-portrayal and fantasies of people who seem to have no idea what they are talking about.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. capitan crunch

capitan crunch Producer

I eat like an animal. A tin here and a tin there, rations are plenty. Further down the tunnel, I'm cultivating mushrooms.

Who knows why the poor girl died. Broken hearts kill too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.