Vegan influencer dies of starvation

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Snare Gel, Aug 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Just another topic for people to get thier panties in a big wad over. Everyone eat what they like and shut up about it.

:rofl:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

That russian girl, poor creature, was not a reference for anything. She was a misfit. People close to her tried to warn her without any success, 'cos she only ate fruit (clearly, she had psychological problems, to stay on a superficial comment). I was vegan for 5 years but it was really difficult, especially when I ate out (now I'm a vegetarian, much easier to deal with). But, defaming the vegan cause is another story. I've seen people saying it's crazy to be vegan using this kind of bizarre event as a reference. No, it's not. Get informed. My health improved 150% after I stopped eating meat from live animals. It's all about information and medical follow-up. And on the other side, there is the heavy lobby of the meat industry, which plays hard to get all of us to consume some kind of meat. My brother, a doctor who works in 3 hospitals, was a vegan, but gave it up due to the difficulty of eating in medical shifts. Still, he has ditched red meat and eats seafood and chicken sparingly (just the amount needed daily).

The person accompanying me on the vegetarian diet asked me to do a medical exam, I did, and it revealed that my cholesterol levels, triglycerides, etc. were all ok.
    I took it to a General practitioner (GP) and he said:
    "-Yeah, for your age, everything is fine, is there anything different that you do, what do you eat?"
    Me: "-nothing special."
    GP, in a hurry, to finish the consultation:
    "-Right buddy, congratulations, your health is very good! Whatever you're doing, keep going!"
    Then at the end of the query I said:
    "-oh, yes, look I'm a vegetarian"
    GP:
    "-pal, don't do this with your life...you don't want to know the end of a vegetarian"
    Then I said:
    "-Buddy, if I go to the medical wing now, how many vegetarian people will we see there? and how many who eat 'normal' food? Before I said I was a vegetarian everything was fine and after I revealed that I am, everything gone bad?"
    GP: It's because there's the issue of vitamin B12 supplementation, iron, etc."
    Me: I eat a lot of foods with iron and occasionally supplement with B12"

Long story short, watch out people. We live in an era where everything is relativized, even factual truth, often because of lobbying (weapons industry, disease, racism, smoking, drugs). Using the argument of expressing individual freedom, there are people who think have the right to assault and/or denigrate what or anyone they don't like.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Agree completely, @Mynock . (It is getting easier each year, tho.) The transformation of your health (and digestion) is quite miraculous. As a non-vegan I had to take two supplements - for blood pressure and cholesterol - I was always borderline anaemic. I was never a "morning person", sluggish af in the am. I suspect because of poor glycaemic control, rising blood sugar level overnight. These problems have disappeared since being vegan. Rly opens your eyes. It amazes and staggers me that the animal agricult. gets subsidies (on subsidies) for growing plants. So long as they aren't for human consumption! Just bonkers, one of the biggest scams in the world.

4. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Blacklight District

Blacklight District Kapellmeister

As a lifelong vegetarian, it always amazes me how carnivores can get so defensive (and offensive) when encountering someone who chooses not to eat meat. I've never been preachy about my diet and have never expected anyone to go out of their way to cater to my preferences - yet I always seem to be met with hostility when I disclose that. I used to believe that it was due to a feeling of guilt by contrast, but now I tend to think that it is more likely due to cultural norms and a general association that Western society has made with vegan/vegetarianism and weakness ("soy boys", and so on). Try traveling throughout the flyover states in the US and you will certainly be looked down upon for passing on the prime rib.

• Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I think it's just cognitive dissonance in full effect @Blacklight District: the same people who'd kill anyone for harming a cute lil dog are the same people who pay to have someone torture and kill lil Peppa and Clara and Daisy, in a slaughterhouse? It can't be rationalized; you can't love animals and eat them too. (I mean, Peppa has been shown to be intelligent enough to play videogames, ffs.)

If you look at most of the "long life expectancy" parts of the world, it famously correlates to a "mediterranean" diet; vegan + fish (JPN, GRE, ITA et al). Just ditch the (often incredible) fish and save our oceans, too!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Doctors have to decide what was the decisive factor in the end. But I'm pretty sure there is a causality. I'm also pretty sure it's not only the vegan diet. But "vegan diet" is very likely one of the driving factors.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Just because some crazy people decided to eat other people does not make it so that we were designed to do it. I'd love for you to educate me on how many exclusively cannibalistic humans have ended up living a long and healthy life into old age compared to those who are non-cannibalistic....next you'll argue that some people have eaten cyanide too! :rofl:

9. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

So are you saying veganism causes death by starvation as a causality, and it's impossible for fat vegans to exist? :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

I agree with you for the most part regarding your post. However, I have one comment on the point you made: even if an infection is directly linked to an identified cause of death, this does not mean that the diet does not have been a decisive factor in causing a serious infection in the first place. It's like cancer. The lymph nodes usually swell up at some point and the cause of the cancer is also usually diet, toxins/environmental toxins/radiation, stress, and genetic predisposition. In the end, however, it is usually either an infection, bleeding or organ failure due to poisoning that kills you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

No, I'm emphatically not saying that! My goodness, learn to read. Please!
    I am saying that I think it is very likely that there is a causal link between her extreme vegan diet, her weight and her death. I also say that her diet is probably only one of several factors.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Ohhh vegan vs omnivore discussion/war for a change.

i hate when the media overdoes headlines. well time to move on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  13. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Heh. Well, if you have to justify doing harm to sentient beings, you do end up with some wild, zany outbursts, @ArcticStorm. Apparently we humans are carnivores, but have magically got rid of our claws and fangs, somehow. Filing them down, I guess? They were probably just too inconvenient once we invented clothes? =D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I could probably go for a bit of vegan.. I found it goes very well with steak!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

I did a bit of research on this because I had no idea this was a thing. It appears that most mainstream breweries and some craft breweries use a gelatin made from the swim bladder of fish to clarify their beer. No guts are invovled. Therefore unfiltered beers are exempt from this process. Fortunately one of my favorite beers is a hazy IPA.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

You should be glad that man is an omnivore and that our ancestors ate a lot of meat. This has helped the brain development enormously. Otherwise, you might be lying half-naked in a cave right now, with someone smashing your skull with a rock because you took a hungry look at the wild berries he wants to claim for himself. :bleh:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  17. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I'm still trying to recover from the information that the bladder isn't part of our guts, mr sinus! Also that being filtered through a piss pouch is somehow preferable? XD Anyway, the most famous bladder brands are Fosters, Carling, Coors Light & Kronenbourg 1664. Just watch out for sth called isinglass. Dead fish in your beer? Yummy!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Lol. There is no dead fish in your beer. Gel is used to clarify liquids - such as beer, wine, juices, sauces, etc.. And sometimes this gel is made of fish. But it is not on any list, because it is not an ingredient. I have used this procedure probably 1000 times in my life. There's nothing gross about it at all.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  19. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

@famouslut Please show good manners and tell me: What do you disagree with?

20. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

It's not a "gel", it's made of collagen. Having scaly and dead fish guts filter your beer makes it better somehow? I guess it's like having an olive in your cocktail, except far, far more gross! =D At least having a bladder dipped in your beer temporarily makes it more palatable, for reasons unexplained!

Anyway, we've moved on from this bizarre, antiquated ritual, no need for it anymore; not sure there ever was! My original point stands: beer, so many choices and it makes so little difference. I'd prefer my beer to have not been through a bladder already. Easy choice to make. For some.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.