Vegan influencer dies of starvation

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Snare Gel, Aug 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

People are morons sometimes. This person clearly just had an eating disorder, as do many non-vegans who die from starvation and issues with anorexia and bulimia daily. Veganism has nothing to do with this, and the more interesting link to me is what impact did social media, media pressure, and being an influencer affect this person's mental health to drive them towards an eating disorder, rather than anything to do with the fact that she was vegan.

The fact that the article makes no mention of (social) media pressure potentially causing an influencer to have an eating disorder is missing the real concern behind this unnecessary death, but easier for the ignorant and the fools to foam at the mouth to try and blame, or at the very least imply that something as ridiculous as veganism is at fault for her unfortunate death.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  2. Snare Gel

Snare Gel Kapellmeister

I found this comment on the original article interesting..

"Ironically eating vegetables raw is the worst way to eat vegetables.
    Many vegetables are filled with anti-nutrients that plants use to protect themselves from predators that can block absorption of nutrients and make you feel ill. Anti-nutrients are only broken down with high heat from cooking or fermentation."

..I'd like to research this more as my favorite way to eat veggies is either raw or broiled - I fucking hate steamed.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Giaofu

Giaofu Noisemaker

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I read about it somewhere. This woman didn't die for vegan diet but for bad nutrition and probably lack of it too.
    It seems she didn't even drink water for months, just some juices.

• Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

hurr durr vegan weak woman shit real men eat meat hurr
    thank you what a great audience durr

hey guyz let's send pictures of our meat to vegan twitter accountz LMFAOOOOO :hillbilly::hillbilly::hillbilly:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. juliaprado8801

juliaprado8801 Ultrasonic

that jordan peterson is the NEW Rising star ยก like elon musk.. you will find them everyday.. on all media networks... even if
    you DON't Want it.. pure crap.. anyhow.. boring next.

another Random ... Human.. picked up .. and now he is like a Guru .. lol..... man......
    now is the aliens... what's next?... in the book ?

7. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I mean, veganism is an ethical stance, not a diet. An interesting point for non-vegans to consider is that eating delicious corpse flesh is the leading cause of heart disease and eating mmm bacon is the the leading cause of colorectal cancer. Enjoy!

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Blacklight District

Blacklight District Kapellmeister

This reminded me of Eugenia Cooney, who appears to still be producing content, despite her obvious starvation.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Daisy69

Daisy69 Platinum Record

Where is the hole in this plumbing pipe?

10. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    Wrong career choice. They should choose Onlyfans to "influence" people. Much better career :rofl:

Apart from humour , many people with anorexia can't understand that they are on danger. it's truly difficult situation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Snare Gel

Snare Gel Kapellmeister

[​IMG]

12. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

8mm is a disturbing film to be sure. Back to the topic however- I like meat. I also recognize it's fairly awful for the environment and my American fast food burger is probably like from clear cut Amazon jungle. So I've been confused by the backlash I've already seen to meat grown in a lab. if it tastes like "the real thing" which is just a bunch of cells and shit and is safe, why should I care?

does a vegan think lab meat is ok? will people who only drink meat based beer change to lab meat? will it ever get cheap enough it replaces real meat? Probably not humanity is doomed. can't even eat bugs with 60% dying in the last 20 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I knew a woman who worked in the Santa Monica Coop about 30 years ago of Indian descent and who's known vegetarian lineage spanned over a thousand years. If eating meat was a prerequisite for survival then how could she even be alive.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This is the way people should think about it. Veganism isn't generic and equal, even if non-vegans try to say it is. Some are vegans for environmental and ecological reasons, some for animal rights/cruelty reasons, some because they just prefer it, some because of health issues, allergies, or intolerances and so on. There are various reasons why someone could be vegan. The only generically applicable view on it is that it is always to improve things, be it the environment, ecology, their health, animal health, and so on, and so anything that can be done to make humans less meat-dependant can only be a good things, for themselves, their health, animals, and the environment.

Speaking of intolerances specifically, it's interesting when you look into it and find things like humans were never designed to eat meat, which is why we can't tolerate raw meat and have to cook it first, whereas we can eat raw plants and vegetables. Also, crazy things like cow milk is cow puss filled growth hormone delivery system designed to make calves grow into healthy cows, so why the hell do humans think they need that.....which is why so many humans are lactose intolerant, i.e. they were never designed to consume animal 'milk'.

I find that shifting your thinking a bit and thinking about things a bit more critically, challenging societal norms really do open up some crazy things that are considered 'normal' by most :rofl:

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. triggerflipper

What humour?

16. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Yeah, it's fine (so long as there's no suffering / exploitation of sentient creatures involved?)
    Beer is mostly all vegan all the time. (Like most drugs!) Some beer is filtered thru fish guts, which is disgusting as it is delicious. I'm reminded of the wisest person ever, given how easy it is to avoid the ick of Fosters etcs.
    It's just (strictly and simply) avoiding suffering to sentient creatures, wherever possible. Plant-based diets are for those w/ environmental concerns etcs. It's just a coincidence that ~60% of greenhouse emissions come from animal agriculture. (I agree w/ most of what you said, tho =) You missed out the most delightful additives: excrement and animal hormones; which are the main features of cow breast milk! Yum!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Everyone, to some extent, assumes that 'natural' means good, right and healthy by default. The problem is that 'natural' is really just an arbitrarily movable and subjective goal post. Evolution is natural. Radiation is natural. Violence is natural. Lactose tolerance is natural. Society decides when which parts of 'natural' are good or bad. Nature itself gets no say in the matter.

Lactose tolerance is just one of thousands of adaptations to food realities that developed in many regions of the world. Some 32% of humanity are lactose tolerant. We're not 'meant' to process starch either, it's an adaptation and an unevenly distributed one at that.

Many people are allergic to nuts. Only natural for those who can't digest nuts to keel over and die when there's nothing else to eat. Nuts are good, healthy and very natural, nature just meant for you to die. Why try to cure the mentally ill? Nature made them that way, they're naturally nuts! And nature is always good and right - say we humans.

The human condition has only ever improved when people came together and challenged someone else's idea of 'natural'. Slavery was considered to be the natural order of things for thousands of years before a bunch of people said "well, fuck your shitty-ass idea of 'natural'". Beating up your kids, racism, using lead, laxatives, the list of once healthy and natural things and ideas goes on and expands by 150 items per day.

I don't disagree that avoiding harming animals is absolutely the right thing to do. I'm just arguing against using 'nature intended for us to be this way' to justify anything, even if it feels natural to do so.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. argo3k

argo3k Ultrasonic

Typical vegan crap. You have a problem with education)) People are not only carnivores historically, but also in some period - cannibals.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • List
  19. triggerflipper

Oh yeah, humans -very rarely- eating each other for very specific reasons = humans are cannibals.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  20. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Yeah, those fantasy "carnivores" never died from scurvy, they lived a long, fulfilling life; lasting a few months! Being non-vegan is quite a new phenomenon, given our similarities to frugivores. And how ill we are making ourselves from consuming a non-vegan diet. You know, the one that has a sentient, feeling victim, @Trurl.

Anyway, @xorome I never imagined a post would combine slavery, licking lead and eating laxatives to such effect!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.