VB3 in Logic Pro X

Discussion in 'Logic' started by sideman, Feb 26, 2014.

1. sideman

sideman Newbie

This is for any Hammond players watching this forum. I don't have a problem -- just an observation to share.

Now that we have a decent way to use VB3 in LPX (via 32 Lives), I've started looking around again at Leslie sims. No one seems to get it right. The Leslie built into VB3 really doesn't do much for me, and I've tried a few other options, including Amplitube. For one reason or another nothing comes close to the real thing...until now. I bumped into the "rotor cabinet" plugin in LPX and gave it a go. Geez, what a great plugin that is!! If you haven't tried it, you should. Turn off all the amp and Leslie modelling in VB3, insert an amp model of your choice and then the rotary, reverb, etc. If you chose the right options in the rotar plugin, the results are simply amazing. :wink: Enjoy!

3. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Any clips?

4. sideman

sideman Newbie

Sorry, no clips at this time -- just discovered. However, I might have some time in the next couple of weeks to do something, so maybe check back then. In the meantime, if you have these plugins, try it - you won't regret the experiment. I'm still scratching my head a bit over which amp model to use.