Vaz Modular For Dummies

Discussion in 'Software' started by superliquidsunshine, Jun 14, 2015.

1. I do some things incredibly well, and in other endeavors am severely handicapped in my attempts to use and or utilize what others might find simple and intuitive. As I have made mention before when it comes to using modular synths, I have a blind spot in my intelligence capacity to this mindset of creation. This week I am going to hopefully buy KarmaFX Synth Modular because I have always loved it's sound and just realized that they are offering the unit in 64bit, and in time I hope I will be able to jump the hurtle of my incapacity. Until that time I would like to try my luck with Vaz Modular except I just cannot for the life of me understand how to use a preset. I can build from scratch (sort of) a synth but would like to use the presets to better understand different capacities of the synth. Can anybody that knows this instrument give me a simple explanation of how to use them? There seems not a simple way as with really any other synth I have ever used before. I am using FLS 12 and am on Windows 8. Peace, and thanks up front.

3. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

Quite easy:

1.- Extract the preset packs that was in my pack to any folder (I suggest the folder called patches in your VAZ Modular programs directory)

2.- Load Vaz.

3.- In the new patch screen (not the mixer) click on menu/patch/edit. You'll see the Patch List Editor

[​IMG]

4.- Click on the squared button in 001 where it says (none) and browse to your patched folder:

[​IMG]

5.- Click Ok and Go back to Menu/Patch and you will see the patches you loaded in every number.

[​IMG]

Then in the mixer you can load patches in every channel, you just need to set it up.

Hope this helps.

4. Thank you soooo very much for the visuals. My issue was that the container window dipped below the screen and I never saw the bottom strip of the GUI (a pre-senior moment perhaps). Have a great rest of the day and thanks again.