Vangelis - Musician, Composer and Producer

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BEAT16, May 11, 2022.

1. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

This is why they invented VSTi :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. guitboxgeek

guitboxgeek Newbie

Vangelis is probably the most influential musician in my own music, outside of 70s and 80s guitar players. I've loved his stuff since I first saw Blade Runner in the theaters. Deeper cuts on his albums are absolutely mind bending.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. gurujon

gurujon Kapellmeister

I would trade all my VSTiĀ“s for his setup, easily. And a leg

4. GabsIT

GabsIT Producer

Hi Beat,

This reminded me "The friends of mister Cairo", not the usual vibe of Vangelis but I liked this song when I was kid, most probably for all the trends around James Bond movies alike

My parents usually listened Vangelis when I was kid, in the same vibe Tomita, Jarre, and Tangerine Dream.

I really like Tomita there are some stuff that are really alien alike, like nothing else, I like to sleep with some of the weirdest songs and then have the weirdest dreams too.

There are two interesting artists that are on the same vibes, not as how we perceive Vangelis today but back then.

Max Copper - Emptyset

Once dreamed I was a planet ready to leave the galaxy thanks to a supernova, weirdest sensation, exactly while listening emptyset.
    BTW Max Copper videos are digitally made and artistically strange and interesting

Frums - Infinityyy

This was another vivid dream, my father was showing me the new album of Tomita (but it was this song from Frums) and I was showing to him something a bit more modern and "art cory" ... a bit less rare but more dense in composition. While I don't like Alexandrite that much he is an awesome composer he had some very beautiful compositions.

Alexandrite - Cytus

xD