Valeton GP100 - is this any good?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by deathroit, Mar 30, 2024.

1. deathroit

deathroit Member

He follows a lot of rules in life, some of which are "everyone lies" and "question everything," especially if it's on YouTube or is an advertisement, which comes out to one thing.
    I'm looking for a cheap multi-effect for playing at home or recording guitars. At the moment I'm chained to my computer and interface, sometimes I don't want to run it all. I would like to sit on the couch or in the living room and play without a computer.
    I live in a block of flats so any amplifier is out because I'm doomed to headphones anyway.
    I've read and seen positive comments on the internet about the Valeton GP100.
    Has anyone used it? How do the amp simulations compare sonically to vst plugins? Latency? Any hidden disadvantages? Any better alternatives?
    What I am most interested in simulation/presets for 5150, Mesa Dual Rectifier and JCM800, some overdrive, reverb, delay.

I've read and seen positive comments on the internet about the Valeton GP100.
    Has anyone used it? How do the amp simulations compare sonically to vst plugins? Latency? Any hidden disadvantages? Any better alternatives?
    What I am most interested in is 5150 simulation/presets, Mesa Dual Rectifier and JCM800, some overdrive, reverb, delay.