V.R. Releases can't be uninstalled.

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Chrisyking, Nov 16, 2023.

1. OOM

OOM Platinum Record

2. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Again guys, OP is not asking for your general opinion about this or that. He is looking for a solution to a specific problem: How to completely uninstall this VR release.

In my experience, this does not always work. I remember a time when I've done this, but as the installer "saw" that the files where already there, it didn't install anything, so Revo was unable to know what to remove.
    So, it depends of the installer, it will not always work using revo afterwards .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I tried installing VR activation Manager Unlocker with Revo, but nothing shows up on the install list... I'm in the same boat as the OP.

4. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. David Brock

David Brock Kapellmeister

Yes, Revo is excellent. I use the free version and it clears everything. Never had a problem.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

Oh. One of the early posts shows steps to remove this, and they look reasonable enough. My guess is the registry changes were not done correctly; only because that would be the easiest portion to screw up. The method is like one used commonly by malware authors, even though it's not "harmful" software. The key to getting rid of a RAT without formatting and reinstalling Windows always used to be very dependent on the sequence/ order of the removal steps. It's almost always in the startup, so that when the user attempts to delete the file; it will not allow it because it is already running. You would have to boot to Safe Mode, identify and disable all the startup methods, and then boot again with it not running and then you can delete it.

A usb flash drive with a bootable Linux on it is always helpful. You can get into the machine's storage locations without booting Windows at all. Open season to delete whatever you want. Unetbootin is very easy to use if a flash drive is available. https://unetbootin.github.io

https://www.revouninstaller.com/manuals/freeware/Revo Uninstaller Freeware Help.pdf

This looks pretty comprehensive for a free utility. Windows Selective Startup could also be an option, so you could see what is happening. Or a boot trace: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/blogs/mniehaus/using-the-windows-performance-toolkit.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  7. samsum

samsum Producer

Just wanted to add what was written in their description under the post TEAM R2R Steinberg Silk Emulator v1.2.0 REPACK-R2R @ my sisters.
    R2R wrote: v1.2.0 - Emulator is now able to detect malformed WinTrust.dll which is installed by VR. It makes trouble shooting easier.