UVI workstation not loading banks

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Valorouswon, Aug 3, 2017.

1. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

I totally agree here. It was so easy to make this work. I was also able to get ultramini which was floating around to work as well. This release was a serious no brainer

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

just redownloaded it from Torrent site, now works perfect. seems something was corrupt in the uploaded. net files

3. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

4. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

It was I took the wrong pic. Works on Mac, doesn't work on Windows. The sounds aren't that impressive compared to sylenth, omnisphere, serum, Arturia V Lag.

Thanks

5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

From my trial & error it seemed I could only get one preset loaded into "A1"of the Multi tab, with 3 blank parts (A2 - A4) below. I cold "Append" (option at bottom left when loading multi via the "wrench" "Load Multi"). That would add the new preset As "A1" of a new 4 part Multi.
    Each of the 2 loaded presets in the "A1" slot show associated settings in the mixer and are accessible in the "single" slot tab.
    I saved the multi in "My Documents" and loaded it back up again , so that works. (It nicely had the path I created with my new multi selected when i clicked "Load Multi".
    It would be nice to be able to fill in "A2 - A4" in the multis, and I have yet to try this within DAW (just using the standalone).

Like most interfaces in music programs, it seems years behind actual capabilities of the technology as far as GUIs (resizeable windows being a "new" thing, for example), and organization, mapping, etc.
    I was shocked as I began exploring the computer music realm again. The powerful and amazing programming of modern instruments is amazing, yet other areas seem pathetic.

I think of most development being done by geeks who walk down the hall to the lunchroom, hacking into the NSA for entertainment on their modded gameboys ... with their shoes untied and pants on backwards....

It reminds me of games that are amazing inasmuch as graphics and ability to track all the data of players and movements and etc ... yet can't seem to implement a "balancing" mechanism or proper keymapping, or menu GUI, things computers seem aptly suited for... Yet back in the mid 90's Kesmai had those things.

With music programs and hardware, it seems a game of soaking consumers as much as possible.
    I noticed that some years ago, looking at the claimed "amazing" amount of memory in hardware synths and disk space in Hardware Daws. It was pathetic, and made me think they were just taking advantage of the lack of demand power of the consumer and an unspoken agreement among manufacturers to not jump forward and screw up the paradigm.

Yet this is just a hobby for me and half the fun ... no, most of the "fun" (including frustrations), is in setting this stuff up, and exploring it..seeing what's going on. If not for this, I'd be endlessly rearranging the soup cans in my cupboard alphabetically, then by height, by diameter, by color ....